forum

[Archived] Increased dropped frame count and lag spikes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
enneya
Problem details:
Something happened to my PC recently that caused the amount of red boxes next to my FPS counter (dropped frames I assume) to drastically increase, doing simple tasks like load a beatmap scoreboard or even just open the editor.

When I play a beatmap, I get huge random lag spikes at unpredictable times, which really makes me mad because I almost passed a map and it just so happens to lag at the final spinner and kill me.
I also shitmiss a lot more than usual, which I think is connected to the increased frame drop count.

Other than getting a new PC, what can I really do? I've already tried disabling full screen optimizations in the osu.exe compatability window and enabling "Reduce dropped frame count", with no success. Performance is identical, if not worse to without these options enabled.

something related: reddit post where i ask about the meaning of the red boxes

Video or screenshot showing the problem: Unfortunately I can't show you a video since my PC sucks so yeah have some screenshots (edit: i did film something from my phone but horrible lighting xd)

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
Nigrod
Make sure there isn't any programs running in the background and disable any overlay. In osu!'s options make sure you turn off background video, storyboard, and shaders.
Topic Starter
enneya
I've already hunted for those intensive in-game options, but haven't tried having only running osu. well rip me not being able to talk on discord anymore i guess?
Nigrod
Go into Task manager, right click on "osu!.exe" and Go to details. Once your there look for osu!.exe and right click and "Set Priority" to "High".