forum

[Archived] Beatmap editor not opening

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Uripop
When I try to launch the beatmap editor, a fulscreen black window opens, but nothing else happens. I cannot figure out what's wrong. Could it be because I am using a laptop? Thanks in advance!

PD: I couldn't manage to put a screenshot either, as this is my first post. I'm pretty much a newbie and still do not know how the forum is supposed to work.

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)

PS: Oh, and forgive any mistakes in my writing, I am not a native speaker...
Nigrod
Do you have compatibility mode on? Make sure that’s off. Does it give a crash log or a oh no osu! Crashed?
Topic Starter
Uripop

Nigrod wrote:

Do you have compatibility mode on? Make sure that’s off. Does it give a crash log or a oh no osu! Crashed?

No, just a big black... screen. And no compatibility mode.
Obi-nyan
Can confirm that, i have the same Problem. I would like to test a passage in a map and it get me the same black scree. Testet with cutting edge, stabel and beta client.

Hope for a fix soon, its very annoying, i would like to start mapping =(
xenal
Does this happen only with your own maps or also with all beatmaps (for instance, open one from the ranked section)?
Obi-nyan
All instances.
But I can reproduce this.

When i go from Fullscreen to Windowed mode, same Problem. After close and reopen in windowmode, it works finde and i can go to editor. But not from the Fullscreen
hakashii
I guess, it goes to the black screen when you aren't on the compatibility mode but maybe it should work when you have it turned on and at the same time when you are on the windowed mode.
Topic Starter
Uripop

xenal wrote:

Does this happen only with your own maps or also with all beatmaps (for instance, open one from the ranked section)?

I'm sorry but how do you expect me to map anything if I cannot open the editor lol and i usually play ranked beatmaps, and some unranked too.
Kubenslaw
Yeah... same problem here. i can't open editor. At first i thought that it was the cables, but no. I checked PC and nothing. does anyone know how to fix this. compatibility mode is off.
Death
If you have an NVIDIA GPU, this thread is the same as this issue: https://github.com/ppy/osu-stable-issues/issues/207

There are a few workarounds mentioned in there, but the only way to fix the issue consistently for now is to roll back to an older driver version.