forum

Separate Ranking for MODS and NO MODS

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +14
Topic Starter
Zaike
I know this has been going on for ages and people might have already posted something like this but it's unfair for people who couldn't afford to play with all those MODS activated on a 3 star below maps.

It's like using a Gun in a Fist match.

Those players are still starting to get the hang of Osu, and getting into the leaderboards without Competing with Mods feels more achieving because they have higher chance of having thoughts like "I could do that!" than stressing themselves because HR is too much or DT is too much already.

And then no matter how hard they try or how frequent they play, they just couldn't beat the score because it requires something else rather than just finishing a map.

Mods are added to add challenge/fun right? It shouldn't be with NO MOD ranks.
Death
We could separate every little aspect of the game... or we could treat things like mods as all part of the same game/ranking system and encourage people to practice with all of them so that they can improve with all of them.

For one, you can already view mod-specific leaderboards (including no mod leaderboards) in-game with supporter. And if you've ever seen the no mod leaderboards on easy/normal/hard maps, they are almost always completely filled with SS scores. A new player would have nearly the same amount of difficulty getting onto a leaderboard like that as well.

I don't think it is unfair for new players to have to spend a decent amount of time improving, playing the game in order to be able to get onto leaderboards. The current players at the top of the leaderboards didn't just magically start off there, so saying "no matter how hard they try or how frequently they play, they just couldn't beat the score because it requires something else rather than just finishing a map" doesn't make sense because that is exactly what those other players did.

Use the fact that you one day want to be seen at the top of a map's leaderboard as motivation to improve.
worst fl player

Death wrote:

I don't think it is unfair for new players to have to spend a decent amount of time improving, playing the game in order to be able to get onto leaderboards. The current players at the top of the leaderboards didn't just magically start off there, so saying "no matter how hard they try or how frequently they play, they just couldn't beat the score because it requires something else rather than just finishing a map" doesn't make sense because that is exactly what those other players did.
well said.
Vuelo Eluko
Hidden and Flashlight shouldnt give bonus score at all but hard rock/dt feel fine as they are since they actually change the map

to be frank i dont even think nofail should come with a penalty let people who want to go for clears go for clears and those who care about score go for score I feel like there's no overlap here and there's no reason to discourage it unless we are worried people are going to make maps that are like 5 stars for 10 minutes then 100 stars for the last few seconds so even if they're all misses it's still like 5k pp with previous combo lol. can already abuse this with low hp tbh
Dawns

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Hidden and Flashlight shouldnt give bonus score at all but hard rock/dt feel fine as they are since they actually change the map

-snip-
When u wake up and havent said something stupid within 20 minutes.

Visual difficulty is still difficulty, The argument can be made for Hidden that it's a preference mod but flashlight is objectively harder, to imply it should have no score bonus tied to it at all is incomprehensibly stupid. People (myself included) put hundreds of hours into learning this mod, people like you with half baked opinions that you probably got off a not so educated youtuber or something who just want to take that away because you're upset HD can beat HR sometimes is honestly quite sad.

HR is not as hard as FL and i'll maintain that till i die.
worst fl player
LMAO
Topic Starter
Zaike
I just meant the MODS, the advantage it gives just to be on top is unfair for people who can't play with MODS what more with the starting players.

Everyone has a LIMIT of their own, not everyone could just do what the Top Player did and will end up the same as him.

All I'm saying is a Separate Ranking for people who don't play or couldn't play with MODS as it is their limitation.

So if they did really good on a map without MODS, they would end up on top. And that would motivate them in a fair and square fight.
Not with people who activates all the MODS and hogs it all. Most of them are high ranked players even. Just there to farm the PP.
Full Tablet

Dawnsday wrote:

Visual difficulty is still difficulty, The argument can be made for Hidden that it's a preference mod but flashlight is objectively harder, to imply it should have no score bonus tied to it at all is incomprehensibly stupid. People (myself included) put hundreds of hours into learning this mod, people like you with half baked opinions that you probably got off a not so educated youtuber or something who just want to take that away because you're upset HD can beat HR sometimes is honestly quite sad.

Now that scores with different mods are stored in the servers separately, there is no need for any mods to give a bonus multiplier. You could consider playing with difficulty-increasing mods playing a separate version of the map, just like the difference between the [Insane] and [Hard] in the same mapset.
Daylight--
[deleted]
Vuelo Eluko

Dawnsday wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

-snip-
When u wake up and havent said something stupid within 20 minutes.

your post is inane as it is clueless. Hidden does not make the map any more difficult, if anything it makes most maps easier by reducing clutter, and fl isn't a playstyle that should be encouraged (just my opinion though)
Dawns
FL is a playstyle lol ok
Topic Starter
Zaike

Daylight-- wrote:

if you buy supporter you get access to nomod rankings for maps.
Also, mods are added to increase difficulty and they do that, so why should they give lower score?

That supporter feature is just like "Sorting" not actually dividing the scores of MODS and NOMODS Plays.

The MODS are fine as it is, but the way it ranks players is Unfair. Player who plays with MODS and not are in the same page. Meaning it's like "Pay to Win" system. But instead of paying to get advantage, they use MODS which other's couldn't afford.

Just to be clear. What I'm pointing out here is the way the scores are in the same page, it's just unfair for people who can't play with MODS. There's no way they could be in the top.
Death
You're making it seem like there are people who absolutely can not play with mods, as though it is some sort of physical limitation, which is entirely false. Anyone can hit F1 on their keyboard, select a mod, and start a song. Just because someone is worse with a particular mod than another person doesn't mean they can't play with mods.

I'm not sure if you're just conveniently ignoring my post or what, but it is in no way unfair that people choose to play with mods when anyone can play with mods, as said before.

Zaike wrote:

Meaning it's like "Pay to Win" system. But instead of paying to get advantage, they use MODS which other's couldn't afford.
I really don't understand what this particular sentence means. No advantage is/can be payed for anywhere, ever. If you are referring to using mods as "paying", see the first sentence of this post.

Zaike wrote:

That supporter feature is just like "Sorting" not actually dividing the scores of MODS and NOMODS Plays.
The supporter feature does exactly what your request aims to do. There would be almost no difference between having separate leaderboards for mods and no mods all the time, and the current system of having one overall leaderboard and then the option of looking at separated leaderboards on a per-mod basis. The only difference would be the lack of an overall leaderboard in the former.