forum

[Archived] osu randomly crashing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
riunosk
Problem details:
sometimes while browsing songs on the main menu some maps' background images will turn black and osu will soon crash without fail

osu also sometimes crashes even when i'm tabbed out

every time osu crashes it just closes fully and nothing else will open, not even the error message

sometimes when i tab out and try to tab in it crashes

(using lenovo laptop, windows 10 if that's helpful)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
unable to screenshot or video since it happens very randomly

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
Nigrod
Make sure your laptop isn’t trying to save power in your power options. Also try setting up an Event Viewer log and send the results. Here is a guide to set it up: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/posts/6231904
Topic Starter
riunosk
paste
- System

- Provider

[ Name] .NET Runtime

- EventID 1026

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2019-02-28T12:09:46.739517000Z

EventRecordID 619

Channel Application

Computer (deleted for personal security)

Security

- EventData

Application: osu!.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.SwapBuffers(IntPtr) at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext.SwapBuffers() at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext.SwapBuffers() at #=zfMnzePF4GHqcn$ce4LLJqp4=.#=zLP1b5NeCDuUh() at #=z8wAxnSFMoRUhIcLDHrQXOsYNExFj.#=zLP1b5NeCDuUh() at #=z$ozCJw_smVW7OQBCXg==.#=zr9CG4Qg=() at #=z$v2aWpdVFQ6mHtBs6w==.#=zHfrWy9VzljJR(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at #=zNOaf5aCYbP1ueaAJmB69X$4=.#=zKmDPPE8=(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at #=z8ml_DNyEw1XPl8E16reOk78=.#=zW0LrabyP7IB7DeQOAg==(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form) at #=z8ml_DNyEw1XPl8E16reOk78=.#=zITBfK78=() at #=z$v2aWpdVFQ6mHtBs6w==.#=zITBfK78=() at #=zEPa3u0loJxXK0Jg8rw==.#=zOGH8tgr2wKvl(System.String, Boolean, Boolean) at #=zEPa3u0loJxXK0Jg8rw==.#=zy2YyKx8=(System.String[]) at #=zEPa3u0loJxXK0Jg8rw==.#=z1AaHlb4=() at #=qYgFvY1pQq_qWKGZ$F9XF1bcS504tECV$GTUMca08Atw=.#=ze$KT91E=()

the latest i could find
Nigrod
Sorry for the late response, but did you try updating your graphics card? Does it still crash now? Make sure that nothing is taking a good amount of your gpu and your graphics card is up to date. Also if you haven't already, turn off "Focus Assist" in your Windows setting. Some windows updates can make osu! buggy as well.
Topic Starter
riunosk
the last time i updated my gfx card was less than a month ago
focus assist is already off
osu doesn't seem to be using up a lot of gpu or memory, it always stays within the safe zone
Topic Starter
riunosk
bump