forum

variable slider CS

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
rhythm on osu
I think having the CS of a slider be able to vary as the slider progresses would be pretty interesting, especially in addition to variable slider velocity. This could for example be used as an indication of suddenly changing slider velocity
Aiseca
Even if the idea is great, I think this cannot work in terms of playability since the variation of sliders in a certain map or difficulty will be difficult to remember or even expect.
Topic Starter
rhythm on osu
I think that variable slider cs could work just fine even for sightreads, since you should be able to see how it changes throughout the slider. (with the slider body becoming wider/thinner depending on CS at that time).

Of course, variable slider velocity could be un-sightreadable, but with this, it could become easy to show variation in slider velocity.

For example, you could increase CS in parts of sliders where the slider velocity is increased, making that speed increase easier to expect.
abraker

Aiseca wrote:

I think this cannot work in terms of playability since the variation of sliders in a certain map or difficulty will be difficult to remember or even expect.
I believe mapping community will add some rules to ranking criteria regarding unreadable variations and that mappers will find a way to make it work.

doh000000000007 wrote:

Of course, variable slider velocity could be un-sightreadable, but with this, it could become easy to show variation in slider velocity.
you say that, but . . .