forum

Easy/Normal mapping problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AniViRus

Problems with creating Easy/Normal difficulties

I have currently made two diffitulties (Hard and Insane). There are absolutely no problems with them. I even gave them to my friend, he said this is very good. But one problem. I understood that I am absolutely bad in making the easier difficulties. Okay, I tried to simplify the rythm and even wathed tutorials. Nothing helps, I just ruin my map. What should I do? Or I just have to give up and post the map with two diffs?

And if I post in whith only Hard and Insane difficulties, won't this affect to the chances of map to get a ranked status?

Please, really need your help 😞
lewski
Read the difficulty-specific ranking criteria, the low diff guidelines are good. In short, simplify the rhythm to the most prominent sounds and make sure that the same timeline gaps look the same on the playfield. Sliders are hard for new players, so you'll need a balanced mix of sliders and circles, not 5:1 like in The Only Thing I Know for Real.

AniViRus wrote:

And if I post in whith only Hard and Insane difficulties, won't this affect to the chances of map to get a ranked status?

Technically, that depends on the length of the map; if the drain time is longer than 3:30, the lowest diff can be a Hard. In practice, though, no one's first maps are good enough to be ranked.
Topic Starter
AniViRus

lewski wrote:

Read the difficulty-specific ranking criteria, the low diff guidelines are good. In short, simplify the rhythm to the most prominent sounds and make sure that the same timeline gaps look the same on the playfield. Sliders are hard for new players, so you'll need a balanced mix of sliders and circles, not 5:1 like in The Only Thing I Know for Real.

Is snapping of objects important for this diff? Or should I just place the objects to make the game comfortable for new players?
lewski
Snapping (as in distance snap) by itself isn't important, but it helps with maintaining time-distance equality, i.e. the rule you should follow "to make the game comfortable for new players".

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Time-distance equality: Spacing between hit objects is proportional to the duration of time between them. Also known as using a constant distance spacing.