forum

[Archived] osu! can't process beatmap's folder if there is a traling space in the name

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
huupoke12

Problem details:

Yesterday, I was using 'rename' to remove the [no video] tag of the beatmaps downloaded from new.ppy.sh (that was the time when any beatmap which doesn't have a video has that tag when downloading). But I only replace '[no-video]', not ' [no-video]' to empty string, so there is still a space left in the folder name.
---
When I open osu! and F5, there are error dialogs appeared, the folder of the beatmaps which has a trailing space at the end of the folder's name can't be processed and disappear from the beatmaps list.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)
Death
I guess this is an issue? But it requires a person to manually rename something that you shouldn't really ever need to rename.

Also, I can't reproduce this, so I'm not entirely sure what you did.
Topic Starter
huupoke12
After some testing, I guess this is Windows's error, not osu!, as they treat all file with or without trailing space are the same (there are still some more cases that they treat files as the same although the name is different like UPPERCASE and lowercase).
--
What I tested:
I create a file: 'space.txt ', write 'yes' to it. Then I open it, notepad said can't find the file. Next, I create 'space.txt', write 'no' to it. Then I open it, notepad show its content: 'no' (this is OK). Then I open 'space.txt ' again, this time the notepad open successfully, but the content is: 'no'.