forum

[Archived] Dropped top play, rank went down

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xerow
Alright. I just dropped a new top play, with 225pp. Its weight it at a full 100%, and upon my rank updating, I dropped down by 40. Here is an even better kicker, the total amount of PP I have in the screenshot says its 3,827pp but as seen in the 2nd screenshot, on the sight it says my total PP is at 3,871. My total PP only rose by 44, not 225.

-Similar to this-
I had a similar problem yesterday where I played the difficulty below it for 209pp. This is where I went down by four. Of course I was pissed so I played it again and got a 220pp play on it, going up by around 700.

What I'm getting at with this, is that I don't usually pull these plays off, and I would very much like for this to not be robbed of me in some way.

Is this a mistake? If not someone please inform me with any information at all.
(sorry for large picture)

-----------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

help :(
osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)
Brainage
People are probably passing you in global ranking in mass figures, but the thing is, you can't see that until you submit a play. This is why many top players can lose 1 rank for setting a 900pp HDDTHR score on a farm map. Chances are you got unlucky and a lot of players below your rank were farming on that day.

Also the reason you only gained 44pp from a new top play of 225pp is because every single score you've set below that has it's weighting changed (e.g. your highest play changes from 100% weighted to 98% and so on).
Topic Starter
Xerow

Brainage wrote:

People are probably passing you in global ranking in mass figures, but the thing is, you can't see that until you submit a play. This is why many top players can lose 1 rank for setting a 900pp HDDTHR score on a farm map. Chances are you got unlucky and a lot of players below your rank were farming on that day.

Also the reason you only gained 44pp from a new top play of 225pp is because every single score you've set below that has it's weighting changed (e.g. your highest play changes from 100% weighted to 98% and so on).

I would of seen this if people were grinding out, my rank would of been shooting all over because I was playing a bit before that, even after placing it my rank hasn't moved at all. ON that note, you're also telling me that the rest of my plays become less valuable because of placing another top score?
Death
With a new top play (especially at your rank) it's more than likely that your rank/pp just didn't update immediately rather than enough people passing you to offset the amount you gained. Performance Point calculations and score submission are handled asynchronously, so that can happen from time to time. Or, based on the graph on your profile, you already gained pp and ranks but for whatever reason the table you are looking at is not reflecting that accurately.

Whatever the case may be, you are not being robbed of anything. As long as your score submits (if it's visible on the website it has submitted) everything will eventually work itself out.

AgentMars wrote:

ON that note, you're also telling me that the rest of my plays become less valuable because of placing another top score?
Your other scores below the new play you set are weighted a bit less, so yes in that sense they are less valuable.