forum

How do i stop my heart

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asenne
i keep failing fc's because my heart starts pounding like hell when i'm close to fc. Is there anything i can do to counter this?
Sosteneshion
Play longer maps until you get used and comfortable.
Watch out for the bpm as well. play lower bpm maps then increase it.
Tad Fibonacci
How do i stop my heart
Um... die?
Taikah
A good trick that I've taught myself so far is to try your best to not think about anything at all, do not let your score/accuracy or even the end of the song distract you.

Continue to keep calm and DON'T forget to breath regularly, this will help you focus only on the beat of the song.

Hopefully this helps ya ~
Apple_iFry
The quickest method to stop your heart would probably be to have a heart attack. Try eating 10 tubs of butter. I saw it work on television.

Or just wait until you're very old. I heard old people get heart attacks as well. The first option would probably be the best choice, but this one will cost you nothing more but a life of pure agony while you wait until your heart stops. I'm sorry if you choose this method but it's good for people who cannot afford the luxuries such as the magnificent, delicious butter option.
extrasensory
Best thing to do is to think about something else if you are FCing. Concentrating your whole focus onto the fact that you are FCing is only going to make things worse.
Also, playing longer maps to get more security when it comes to consistency goes a long way.
ReL
Dont think about fc
Brainage
This isn't OT for those of you who are shitposting ffs go back to your hole

Press Shift + Tab until you can't see any visual elements. this included score, combo, song progress and accuracy. Also press Tab until the leaderboards are disabled so you can't see your score or combo there either. Both these shortcuts only work in-game, so make sure you don't try doing them in the song selection otherwise they won't work.

And like other people said, the only reason your heart rate is rising is because you're aware that you're close to an FC. The above steps should greatly reduce your chance of noticing you are FCing. However it still takes a great amount of discipline to think about an FC so try to focus on clicking circles and that only. Focus in this game is actually a really great skill that no-one mentions and I think it's one of the most important, because in this case it directly correlates to and triggers nerves.
Chemmie

Taikah wrote:

A good trick that I've taught myself so far is to try your best to not think about anything at all, do not let your score/accuracy or even the end of the song distract you.

Continue to keep calm and DON'T forget to breath regularly, this will help you focus only on the beat of the song.

Hopefully this helps ya ~

That's literally the tough part, you can't just not think about something.
Brainage

Chemmie wrote:

That's literally the tough part, you can't just not think about something.

Yes you can, but it's hard. It's like the passing of a loved one, you try not to think about it too much/try to think about other things and day by day you notice you went x amount of time without thinking about them, where x increases each day. Probably not the best example but yeah you CAN stop thinking about something if you just focus on something else.
abraker
if you want to stop your heart, then you probably already stopped your brain
[-Kazu-]

tad01123 wrote:

How do i stop my heart

Um... die?

worked for me, thanks
LoPlomo
play offline for a while
Sentollusia
just go listen to the song and don't pay attention to your combos or acc.
Kaeldori
sing the song you are playing
LazerLove
Play lolit speed, your heart will stop instantly