Total Posts
Topic Starter
Slowpoke731
Problem details:
In editor, trying to select background image, crashes game and bugs map
out really hard
Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://youtu.be/xcyPEyv1l5c

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)
Death
Can you try and find the crash log in your event viewer and post it here? https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/638421?start=6231904
Topic Starter
Slowpoke731
- System

- Provider

[ Name] .NET Runtime

- EventID 1026

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2019-01-13T00:50:07.435710200Z

EventRecordID 14214

Channel Application

Computer DESKTOP-88KBSEK

Security

- EventData

Application: osu!.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 77BC9450 Stack:
Death
Well that doesn't really say much unfortunately. Is there anything else in there?

Try holding shift while starting osu! until a configuration window pops up, then hit the "repair osu!" button at the bottom.
Topic Starter
Slowpoke731
Well, I repaired it and nothing happened. But all I needed to do to get the map back into the song select was reload by pressing f5 as the data was still in the songs folder. Im still not sure how all the other weird stuff happened. But I guess i'll just be editing the .osu manually to get the bg and other stuff until I feel like reinstalling everything that could be pertinent to the crash. Hopefully this bug is an exception for only me. But for now, I consider this (as meh as it is) a resolution.
Death
You should also just be able to drag the background image you want to use into the editor. Weird things happen to maps sometimes when you crash, not really sure why.

Are you running osu! as an administrator right now? If you are, maybe try not doing that. Or if you aren't, maybe try doing that...

If you are thinking about reinstalling osu!, I'm not sure how much that will really do if repairing didn't do anything.