forum

Map feedback?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BrokenSeatbelt
(I think this is the right place to post this. If it isn't, let me know!)

I just finished my first full map, and I'd like some feedback on it please. https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/909584#osu/1898036

It's not too good, but I don't think I've done a bad job overall!
HAWkEdx
It looks pretty good, just some minor adjustments. I noticed a couple times the streams weren't really rounded, idk if that's what you were going for but yeah. Also the first section of jumps feels a tiny bit slow. Also I've never mapped just felt like giving what I saw. I wouldn't take my feedback lol
dennischan
There are basically 3 ways of getting feedback (mods - as is called by the mapping community)

You can go to
1. #modreqs
2. modding queues
3. ask people you are familiar with to testplay or mod your map

The modding queues subforum is the best way to get quality feedback from the mapping community. To access it, you can press the modding queues subforum from the forum page, or simply click this link. Posting in open modding queues may cause the queue owner to give some professional advice.

I haven't looked at your map since it's 6 stars, and I can't play it. Also I don't like high star maps in general. But just by looking at the page, I noticed that your song has only 1:30 play time, and therefore needs a full spread of 5 difficulties at least for you to rank it. (normal, hard, insane, light extra and EX)
Topic Starter
BrokenSeatbelt

HAWkEdx wrote:

It looks pretty good, just some minor adjustments. I noticed a couple times the streams weren't really rounded, idk if that's what you were going for but yeah. Also the first section of jumps feels a tiny bit slow. Also I've never mapped just felt like giving what I saw. I wouldn't take my feedback lol

Yeah, I was going to fix the streams and some others but I was too lazy lul. I'll get to it, thanks!

Also, what do you mean by the first jump section feels too slow?
Endaris
You should take that to the discussion page of your map or ingame chat, it does not make any sense to discuss your map.

Aside from that, refer to what dennischan wrote.