forum

[Archived] Shader option

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Razka
It says that I need a good graphic card to enable it, otherwise it could cause problems.
It actually did: as soon as I enabled it, the game started to crash randomly while spinning the spinners. Error was System.OverflowException: Negating the minimum value of a twos complement number is invalid.

I have a GTX 1050 Ti, and I assumed it was enough.

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but do I need a 700€ graphic card to play Osu! with shader...?
Death
You probably experienced this known issue.

On the off chance that the reason you crashed isn't exactly the same as what's described in that thread, maybe try reinstalling your graphics drivers just to check.
Topic Starter
Razka
Hi Death,
Yes the exception is the same one, although it's not related to the chat console: it only happened while spinning the spinner.
Other times, osu will not crash but will briefly freeze, and a red box in the bottom right will appear saying something like "Osu! Encountered an error but will try to keep things going", I don't have a screenshot now but I'll try and provide one.

Anyways, disabling Shader fixed everything. It's a shame tho, graphics were really pretty as long as the game was going.
Death
I know what you are referring to with the "osu! encountered an error..." message that you received, so you don't need to get a screenshot of that.

I guess you could still try the driver thing if you haven't yet? Most people don't seem to have issues with shaders enabled (apart from that specific confirmed issue from before). So if this isn't replicated the same way, it may still be something that is fixable on your end.

Also if you could, post the entire crash log instead of just the first line just for reference.