[Archived] osu! crashes while launching :c

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nofriends300
Problem details:
hello there
when I launch osu! it loads and goes:

OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsModeException: Failed to retrieve GraphicsMode, no fitting configurations, error SUCCESS
w OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglGraphicsMode.SelectGraphicsMode(SurfaceType surface_type, IntPtr display, ColorFormat color, Int32 depth, Int32 stencil, Int32 samples, ColorFormat accum, Int32 buffers, Boolean stereo, RenderableFlags renderable_flags, Boolean fullscreen)
w OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglGraphicsMode.SelectGraphicsMode(SurfaceType surface_type, IntPtr display, ColorFormat color, Int32 depth, Int32 stencil, Int32 samples, ColorFormat accum, Int32 buffers, Boolean stereo, RenderableFlags renderable_flags, Boolean fullscreen)
w OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
w OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
w OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
w #=zX6D6QxkrmLae6213Eg_KI9nJ0ivW.#=zjod0BK8=(Int32 #=zzRmqCpw=, Int32 #=zJsnFRmM=, GraphicsContextFlags #=z2XHdB0Q=)
w #=zGRACLtW51QfhNXz8YUqv9P4=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zwQratfs=)
w #=zZcmpTEtszZUkVrAT5upgEaVjokhe.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zwQratfs=)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
w #=zV5AV41OBhkXH5DbR2HmjNZY=.WndProc(Message& #=zkAzU6KI=)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

reinstalling doesn't works :ccc
pls help

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
What GPU do you have?
Topic Starter
nofriends300
I'm afraid my laptop has none gpu only cpu called "Intel(R)Core(TM)2Duo CPU"
Dntm8kmeeatu
Your computer wouldn't display anything if it didn't have any Graphics chip. So it's impossible that it has none.

You may have to use Google for some help on finding that information, or you should be able to run dxdiag (default Windows program) and that should give information on your hardware.
Topic Starter
nofriends300
Ok, I searched dxdiag for it and I think my gpu is "mobile intel(r) 965 express chipset family"?
(also sorry if it's still not it ._.)
Dntm8kmeeatu
That seems to be a real chipset so I'll assume it's right, and it's on my list of unsupported GPU chipsets soo...

Your GPU does not support the required OpenGL version to run the latest osu! builds. There are two ways to get back to an older version of osu! so that you can play the game:

1. Open your osu! folder (the default path is "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!")
  2. Edit the file named "osu!.cfg" in notepad (you may need to enable file extensions to make it easier to find)
  3. Set the "_ReleaseStream" line equal to "Stable" (e.g. _ReleaseStream = Stable)
  4. Save the file and reopen osu!

If that doesn't work, download this installer (direct download link) and run it. If you already have a previous osu! installation with maps, skins, etc, make sure you change the installation path to the correct location on your computer. Otherwise it might install to a different location and you will need to move all of your maps and other data over manually.

Please Note: This older version of the game is no longer supported. Score submission for any map ranked after October 22nd, 2018 has already been disabled and other online features could be disabled at any point in the near future. It is highly recommended that you upgrade your GPU so that it supports the minimum requirements for current and future versions of the game.
Topic Starter
nofriends300
Ok, thanks, I'll try playing osu! on another device
Also, if you have time to help was my username changed from [redacted] to nofriends300 because it was inappropriate or sumthing?
Dntm8kmeeatu

nofriends300 wrote:

Ok, thanks, I'll try playing osu! on another device
Also, if you have time to help was my username changed from [redacted] to nofriends300 because it was inappropriate or sumthing?

Yep. We are an all ages game. If you want to change your name to something else you can get a "free" name change with Supporter https://osu.ppy.sh/home/support
Topic Starter
nofriends300
ok thanks <3
also idk if nofriends300 had to humilitate me but its actually pretty cool
have a good day cya