forum

[Archived] 17 ms lock osu help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kibungawarui
Hello everyone i have a problem with a lock 17 ms in main menu and 2+ ms in game and micro stuttering idk what to do 2 weeks ago all works good usually i have ms lower 1
tried switch version doesn't help also change fullscreen and window mode plus trying change setting in nvidia control panel nothing work
My PC
Win 10 Home
i5 4460
GTX 650
8 gb ram

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2
Brainage
A 16ms delay means that your osu! is capped at 60fps (1000 / 16.66~ = 60). Is your FPS Limiter set to VSync? If so, try pressing F7 or directly changing it via the Options menu while on the home screen.
Topic Starter
Kibungawarui
if i press f7 nothing change
Dntm8kmeeatu
You say 2+ ms ingame but your screenshot shows 1.8ms which isn't that far off what I would expect from your specs. I can't really help with micro stuttering, but you can check one of the pinned threads in this forum for some insight into that issue.

Did you end up installing the game very recently? The only reason I can think that your FPS is locking to 60fps (17ms) on the main menu is that you installed osu! during a small window of time that there was an error with cfg file generation, that set the normal 240fps base value to 60fps instead. This was only an issue for a day and was fixed, and only should have effected new clients or cfg files.

Go into osu!.pcname.cfg and change the Customframelimit option to 240fps if it's not set to that.
Topic Starter
Kibungawarui
ok i try it but ms always random like 1.8 mn when stuttering it might be like 3 or 5 ms
Death
Yes, that makes sense. I doubt what is happening would be consistent enough to always spike to the exact same value. Here is the thread Dnt was referring to, just in case you haven't taken a look at it yet: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/774159
Topic Starter
Kibungawarui
ok i fix 17 ms lock but i have another issue ms in game 3+ and when micro stuttering 5 or 6 very uncomfortable
Death
The thread I linked above was posted to address that issue. There are a significant amount of potential fixes listed in it.
Topic Starter
Kibungawarui
btw i fix stuttering and high ms just disable hardware acceleration in google chrome