forum

[VOTE CLOSED] Top 10 Irish osu! Players of 2018 [o!Std]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
M a t t y

 

Hey everybody,

2018 has come to an end, and thus we are going to be holding a vote for the top 10 Irish osu!standard players of 2018.
 

Voting format

You simply write the 10 players you are voting for in the order you choose.

Here's an example voting format (from 1st to 10th, in your opinion):

1. <player name>
2. <player name>
3. <player name>
4. <player name>
5. <player name>
6. <player name>
7. <player name>
8. <player name>
9. <player name>
10. <player name>

Please add comments as to why you are voting for each player using the [/box=] tag, for example:
2. <player name>
Has amazing aim, etc.

It is your choice whether you do this or not though.

Pretty self-explanatory.
 

Rules

-Votes including non-Irish players or restricted players will be voided.
-Troll votes will not be counted

Non Irish players are allowed to vote.

 

A quick summary of the top 10 ranked Irish players at the end of 2018

 
D u c K y
D u c K y has been consistently voted the #1 Irish player since the vote started back in 2015, and started off the year of 2018 by taking back his throne at #1 on the leaderboard rankings, setting scores that no other Irish player could hold a candle to, with any mod configuration like his nomod fc on Gimme chocolate!! His DT fc on HYDRA, and his HR fc on New World, all within the same month, showing that he truly can play anything he sets his mind to. Besides that, D u c K y's "trademark" skill has been his high bpm streaming and stamina ability, allowing him to achieve ridiculous passes and combos on maps such as Megalomania, Those who from the Heavens came, and mind-blowing runs on mazzerin's maps the deceit/violation and senseless massacre, achieving combos exceeding 900 on both maps respectively.

Current Irish performance ranking - #1
2017 Community voted ranking - #1

Aseridan
Aseridan has skyrocketed up the Irish rankings this year, starting out the year as a 5 digit player, and closing it out pushing on the 3 digit barrier. Aseridan has been somewhat of an Irish HDDT prodigy, setting score after score, gaining more net pp than any other Irish player this year (if I'm not mistaken) bringing him up to the #2 spot on rankings. Aseridan has shown to have incredible aim and speed, allowing him to set scores on many difficult HDDT jumps maps, I'm sure we have a lot more to see from this guy over the coming year.

Current Irish performance ranking - #2
2017 Community voted ranking - N/A

Reform
Reform (Also known as Kujinn) has been known within the Irish community for his amazing aim, skyrocketing up the rankings since 2015. He became very skilled at playing both nomod and HDDT, also specializing in difficult 'wub' maps. I find people often underestimate Reform's versatility and don't realize how skilled he is at a wide variety of maps, as I have found in multiplayer games, he is highly capable of getting high combos on very tricky patterns that other players classically struggle with. Unrelated to his playing, but Reform's mapping has been getting a lot more attention recently and I feel like he would appreciate if you were to drop by and check some of his maps out if you have the time.

Current Irish performance ranking - #3
2017 Community voted ranking - #4

Swishi
I feel like every year the first thing I have to say about Swishi is that he's the most loved Irish player, and for good reason, he's like our Doomsday, like a grandfather to the community. But that aside, BOY did he show up towards the end of this year, truth be told a lot more than I was expecting, setting score after score after score, beating his top play time and time again, even looking at his top 20 scores, all of them were set within the past 3 months, most within the past month alone. Swishi is the most skilled Irish player at reading hidden, capable of reading incredibly complex aim & tapping patterns & rhythms and coming out with high combo's and accuracy, with unbelievable consistency- proving to everyone that after 6 years playing the game, he's still improving just as much as anyone else to this day. I can't wait to see what kind of insanity Swishi is going to pull off next.

Current Irish performance ranking - #4
2017 Community voted ranking - #5

LilyFlower
Showing up out of the blue near the end of 2017 and diving through the rankings in 2018, LilyFlower has very skilled aim control and reading, setting many interesting scores on gimmicky maps with confusing patterns. Besides that LilyFlower is a very versatile player, showing no significant weaknesses besides occasionally setting scores with weaker accuracy. LilyFlower is skilled at HDDT and Nomod, but takes particular interest in the HD mod, which is said to be their reason for becoming a HDDT player when farming.

Current Irish performance ranking - #5

aernat
aernat is the strongest tournament player Ireland has, boasting incredible consistency and accuracy amongst many other things, in his tournament performance. I find the thing about aernat is that just when you think maybe he's done, he'll shock everyone and set some impressive HDHR scores that you weren't expecting. aernat set many impressive scores at the start of the year, yet hasn't been very active since, but I have a good feeling we haven't seen the last of him yet.

Current Irish performance ranking - #6
2017 Community voted ranking - #3

Pedro yH
Pedro has developed incredibly strong aim and accuracy over the time he's played, able to aim tricky jumps with hr and fc without dropping many if any 100's. Pedro started the year with an impressive SS on sotarks' Daidai Genome with DT out of nowhere, a map that has been known for it's high OD and difficulty to get good accuracy, and he didn't stop there. Throughout the year Pedro yH has consistently set many impressive high accuracy aim scores, and I hope to see that continue throughout this coming year

Current Irish performance ranking - #7

M a t t y
Hey! That's me!
Honestly I've asked a lot of people and nobody, not even myself has really been able to describe my skillset accurately, but I'll try give it my best shot. Over the course of the year I have been trying to focus on the weaknesses in my skillset- being my aim, reading and consistency, playing old maps and setting many scores I'm personally proud of. I'd say my main strength is the versatility of my mechanics, being able to set impressive high-combo scores on spaced stream maps like Road of resistance&Honesty nomod, more recently achieving a high accuracy FC on pishifat's 115 with HR, and setting many HDDT scores, new and old varying in many different kinds of difficulties. One of my more impressive recent scores was a 3xmiss on an unranked cut version of honesty, fc'ing the diffspike of the map, with the pp the play would have been worth spiking over 600pp at one point as seen here; https://clips.twitch.tv/CreativeAdorablePeafowlPanicBasket
I really hope that didn't come off as egotistical and gave you an accurate representation of my skillset.

Current Irish performance ranking - #8
2017 Community voted ranking - #2

{ Robert }

[ Robert ] is a highly skilled aim player, owning some HR fc's on aim maps that no other Irish players have been able to contest. In addition to his incredible aim, his accuracy on 1/2 rhythms is impeccable, achieving scores like they're nothing then going back to heavy drinking & playing roblox, he truly is the spirit of the Irish osu! Community.

Current Irish performance ranking - #9
2017 Community voted ranking - #6

GeeSsang
GeeSsang has been playing osu since 2011 and is still one of the top 10 ranked players in the country, now if that isn't crazy I don't know what is. GeeSsang has quit and come back many times over his time playing this game, yet every time he's come back stronger, able to set bigger, better scores. GeeSsang is incredibly versatile within his bpm range (which lies somewhere up to the 210 mark at a guess) showing HDHR, HR, nomod, and HDDT all within his top 5 pp scores. If I'm not mistaken, he has the most country #1's of any player, and due to my own time playing old maps this year, I've been able to understand just how good Gee has been throughout the years, with so many crazy low AR aim control, reading & fingercontrol scores lying around on maps from before 2012 that most people don't even know about, I really hope we'll see more of Gee next year, as he is without a doubt one of my favorite Irish players.

Current Irish performance ranking - #10
2017 Community voted ranking - #9

Voting will be closing on the 15th of January, so cast your votes before then.

Happy Voting!

DeletedUser_5322953
1. n/a
2. Robert - Let a piece of Cheesecake fall
3. Matty - Pog
4. Ducky - Good
5. Demon - I'll go next meetup I swear
6. Mezy - Hey sister
7. GeeSsang - Gimme 5 mins
8. Swishi - Good at hidden
9. Arkelyt - Roblox Big Brother 2nd place
10. n/a
souljaboytellem
1. Ducky
2. Swishi
3. Matty
4. Aseridan
5. Istraa
6. Kujinn
7. Nat
8. Pedro
9. Wraithayy
10. Turnz
Darragh
1. Arkelyt
2. Swishi
3. D u c K y
4. M a t t y
5. aernat
6. Reform
7. wraithayy
8. Turnz
9. Pedro yH
10. Vantipl
wraithayy
1. Swishi
2. D u c k y
3. LilyFlower
4. Aseridan
5. aernat
6. Lilyflower
7. Turnz
8. M a t t y
9. Impossabear
10. S e k a i
nat
1. Swishi
2. Aseridan
3. D u c K y
4. LilyFlower
5. wraithayy
6. Turnz
7. Reform
8. Vantipl
9. Impossabear
10. M a t t y

MSB's vote:
1. Swishi
2. D u c K y
3. Aseridan
4. LilyFlower
5. Reform
6. Turnz
7. aernat
8. M a t t y
9. Vantipl
10. wraithayy
Turnz
1. Swishi
2. Aseridan
3. D u c K y
4. Pedro yH
5. Aernat
6. Reform
7. Matty
8. LilyFlower
9. Vantipl
10. wraithayy
Kujinn
!!!
Karrae
1. Demon - before you say "just cuz youre his gf", hes back in the game after an injury and i really respect that
2. Swishi
3. Mezy
4. M a t t y
5. Aernat
6. ducky - may be best on paper
7. lilyflower
8. [robert]
9. wraithayy
10. vantipl
Topic Starter
M a t t y
1.> D u c K y
See original post for my reasoning^

2.> Swishi

3.> Reform

4.> Lilyflower

5.> Aseridan

6.> aernat

7.> Pedro yH

8.> { Robert }

9.> Demon
Came back recently to set a new top score, has consistently shown the ability to stay at a high level after taking long breaks from the game.

10.> wraithayy
Might not have made it to #10 in rankings but showed massive improvement over the year.
kayo-
1. D u c K y
2. aernat
3. M a t t y
4. Swishi
5. Mezy
6. Demon
7. wraithayy
8. Kujinn
9. Gee
10. Arkelyt
M I L E S
1. D u c K y
2. M a t t y
3. Swishi
4. Reform
5 Lilyflower
6. Aseridan
7. aernat
8. Pedro yH
9. { Robert }
10. Demon
[ Robert ]
1. Koko
2. Ducky
3. Aseridan
4. Reform
5. Swishi
6. Pedro yH
7. LilyFlower
8. Aernat
9. M a t t y
10. BengsMegma
_bird
[You have to vote D u c k y as #1 to view this post]
Jamception
1. M a t t y
2. D u c k y
3. aernat
4. Swishi
5. Reform
6. Lilyflower
7. Aseridan
8. Pedro yH
9. [ Robert ]
10. Demon
TeaMaestro
1. Swishi
2. Aseridan
3. Ducky
4. Lilyflower
5. Reform
6. Matty
7. Pedro yH
8. aernat
9. Vantipl
10. Turnz
kasuuuu
1. swishi
2. ducky
3. aseridan
4. aernat
5. lilyflower
6. reform
7. matty
8. pedro yh
9. geessang
10. robert
Azelia
1. Swishi
2. Aseridan
3. wraithayy - dude u improved so much this year wtf
4. Ducky
5. Lilyflower
6. Turnz - idk who u but keep it up
7. sekai - idk who u but keep it up
8. impossabear - idk who u but keep it up
9. Reform - would be higher but i didnt see u improve that much this year
10.Aernat - abit same reason as 9
kaniciwah
1. Swishi
2. Ducky
3. Matty
4. Gee
5. Reform
6. Lilyflower
7. aernat
8. Wraithayy
9. Robert
10. Darragh
nava
1. Ducky
2. LilyFlower
3. Swishi
4. Reform
5. Cediv
6. Matty
7. Aseridan
8. S E K A I
9. Ophiz - HT player :LUL:
10. no one because i ran out of people to like.
show more