forum

Bad quality on Photoshop CS6

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gaiiyaa
Hello, I come to you for a very disturbing problem that I have on Photoshop.

So, everytime that I try to do a skin there's a big problem : the skin quality on Osu is very bad, this is strange because on Photoshop the quality is very good.

This is my render settings :

The pic on Photoshop :

Then, the pic on Osu :

I don't know if it's just me or if it's a real problem but it would be very nice if someone can help me on that.

Thanks you !
RockRoller
This has nothing to do with PS. The problem is that you are using an SD image on a HD res. HD images have double the size of SD ones and a @2x at the end of their name
Flanster
You're running at 1920x1080 and the image you're saving is 1360x765. Thats gonna stretch and blur.
Topic Starter
Gaiiyaa
Okay, I will try it, thanks !
b4mbus_
You could try to use @2x for a higher resolution. Name the file "pause-overlay@2x.png" and make the resolution * 2
Topic Starter
Gaiiyaa
I did the *2 resolution with the @2x thing, does it sound better like that ?

b4mbus_
For me it looks pretty good and clean
Topic Starter
Gaiiyaa

b4mbus88 wrote:

For me it looks pretty good and clean

Thx, I'm relieved if the problem was that simple ^^
RockRoller

Gaiiyaa wrote:

I don't see that much of a difference. Did you actually remade this with double the resolution or do you just took your old file and multiplied it
Topic Starter
Gaiiyaa

RockRoller wrote:

Gaiiyaa wrote:

I don't see that much of a difference. Did you actually remade this with double the resolution or do you just took your old file and multiplied it

I remade it with double the resolution
bloodymascarade
Simply resizing in photoshop may cause your image to become muddy. I'd suggest redoing the asset in a higher resolution and then half-sizing it when you need to.
Topic Starter
Gaiiyaa

bloodymascarade wrote:

Simply resizing in photoshop may cause your image to become muddy. I'd suggest redoing the asset in a higher resolution and then half-sizing it when
you need to.

So in 1920x1080p ?
Matt2e2

Gaiiyaa wrote:

So in 1920x1080p ?

As SD images are 1:1 on 1366x768, @2x images (or HD) should be 1:1 on a resolution twice as big. -> 2732x1536
Topic Starter
Gaiiyaa

Matt2e2 wrote:

Gaiiyaa wrote:

So in 1920x1080p ?

As SD images are 1:1 on 1366x768, @2x images (or HD) should be 1:1 on a resolution twice as big. -> 2732x1536

Okay, Thanks and sorry I'm a beginner in that ^^