forum

[Archived] Re-installed Windows, Osu recordings not showing after backup?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Meta-xx
Hi all!

So for reasons that are irrelevant to this post I had to re-install Windows. Before doing so I backed up my Osu! folder located under "C:\Users\(User)\AppData\Local". All was fine after restoring my settings and such from said backup, aside from the fact that my local recordings and scores are no longer showing? I.e. I can no longer view replays of song that I otherwise was able to pre-backup.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all local recordings and scores are kept in "C:\Users\(User)\AppData\Local\osu!\Data\r"?

I'm confused as to why my local recordings and scores are no longer showing after restoring these files, if anyone can shed some light as to why this is I'd be most appreciative? Obviously if there was another Osu! folder stored somewhere else on my system that I was blissfully unaware of then I won't be able to recover the recordings now. But if it's a simple config/restore issue, or a step that I've overlooked, then there may be hope yet?

Many thanks in advance for any advice! =)
Death
When you "restored" your settings from your backup, did you just move very specific files and folders from your backup to a new osu! folder? Try taking a look at this post: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/posts/6921834

I explained two possible methods in that thread that you can potentially use to get your replays to appear again. If scores.db was not one of the files you moved from your backup, perhaps try moving it into your osu! folder and replacing the new one first, and if that doesn't work, then go ahead and delete it.
Topic Starter
Meta-xx

Death wrote:

When you "restored" your settings from your backup, did you just move very specific files and folders from your backup to a new osu! folder? Try taking a look at this post: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/posts/6921834

I explained two possible methods in that thread that you can potentially use to get your replays to appear again. If scores.db was not one of the files you moved from your backup, perhaps try moving it into your osu! folder and replacing the new one first, and if that doesn't work, then go ahead and delete it.

Many thanks for your reply!

I took a look at the post (and subsequent reply you posted) that you linked me, and I tried the suggestion that you made regarding removing the "scores.db" file. Unfortunately at first glance it doesn't seem to have worked. None of my local replay data is showing still. Though it may be worth mentioning that that file has not been recreated after relaunching Osu!. Perhaps a system reboot is needed?
Death
I don't believe it will reappear in your osu! folder until after you are on the song selection screen. So if you just deleted it, started the game, and then didn't hit play, it's not going to show up. I'd just try using your old scores.db if you have it, and if that also doesn't work, you may just need to do the second thing I suggested in that thread.
Topic Starter
Meta-xx
Hi, apologies for my late reply. Busy day. Ha ha.

Okay, so my "scores.db" file is back, but still no luck with restoring my local scores and recordings? I've also tried removing all files from the hidden 'r' folder and restoring them again from my backup to no avail. I did try manually opening a few of the recordings from within the 'r' folder and they seem to show up correctly afterwards so this is an option for me, however I have over 20k files to restore and I don't really fancy having to do all that manually as I'm sure you can understand. Ha ha. =P

Unless you've got any other suggestions on how I could possibly get them all restored then I suppose I'll just have to get to work?