forum

[Archived] Can't find the Intel Graphics Problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
silver4944
Problem details:
I can't open OSU on my new computer. When I open OSU I get the error "can't find the Intel graphics" and this:

OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=zRuASzKoLCV2vTFN5FFqw2VzmNk7F.#=zN9RQ43w=(Int32 #=z$pHdPeo=, Int32 #=zpoo$zbM=, GraphicsContextFlags #=z7_mr9Ec=)
at #=z2IboFn5nEBr3eBEgyVshVlA=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zr7QW2FA=)
at #=zsaNTPWsD3slJwgLi4DkqlPOL2Vdq.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zr7QW2FA=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=z$DP0QQdP_i639ce7qlg0hLY=.WndProc(Message& #=zRswXvGg=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I've already downloaded the lastest intel drivers from the intel site. Don't really know what else to do.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20181221.4 (latest)
Death
Give the quote below a try. If you said you already tried downloading drivers from Intel's site, although slim, there's a possibility that either a) You didn't actually get the latest ones (their search page sometimes doesn't show the latest drivers first) or b) The GPU in your computer doesn't support newer drivers (this is even less likely considering you said this was a new computer). Either way, there are still two other workarounds you could try:

Death wrote:

Please make sure your Intel graphics drivers are up to date. Intel released a fix for this specific issue in all of their driver versions 15.46 and higher. If you get your graphics drivers through a computer manufacturer, they may use a different versioning scheme and their most recent drivers may still have this issue. It is good idea to download them directly from Intel's website.

Temporary solutions include: Running osu! with integrated graphics and disabling compatibility mode if applicable. It is highly recommended you fix this issue permanently by downloading up to date drivers.

If you believe you have enabled compatibility mode, navigate to your osu! folder and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg". Verify that the line "CompatibilityContext" is set to 0. If it is not, change it and save the file. Otherwise, this was not the cause.
Topic Starter
silver4944
My Intel(R) HD Grahpics 620 has the Driver Version: 25.20.100.6471 which is the latest version on the Intel website. Sorry, by new computer I meant that this is the first time I'm downloading it on my Razer Blade Stealth laptop of two years.

I've tried to run it with the integrated graphics option by right-clicking and selecting the option to run with integrated graphics but I still get the pop-up "Can't find the intel graphics". CompabilitiyContext is also set to 0.
Death
Hmmm... Have you restarted your computer since installing those new drivers (not sure how long ago you did that). Perhaps the issue then has something to do with these new DCH drivers Intel just released? I just tried installing them and I'm not able to reproduce this issue (I'm also using HD Graphics 620 on this computer). Perhaps you should try reinstalling them again.

Otherwise, I'm not sure why this issue is appearing on them. Not only that, but the two other workarounds that have fixed this issue for others in the past don't work either, which is quite odd.

I'm not sure if the game even gets far enough to create a runtime.log, but just check in your osu!\Logs folder for one if reinstalling doesn't work. If it exists, post the contents of it here.
fbicstrike

Death wrote:

Hmmm... Have you restarted your computer since installing those new drivers (not sure how long ago you did that). Perhaps the issue then has something to do with these new DCH drivers Intel just released? I just tried installing them and I'm not able to reproduce this issue (I'm also using HD Graphics 620 on this computer). Perhaps you should try reinstalling them again.

Otherwise, I'm not sure why this issue is appearing on them. Not only that, but the two other workarounds that have fixed this issue for others in the past don't work either, which is quite odd.

I'm not sure if the game even gets far enough to create a runtime.log, but just check in your osu!\Logs folder for one if reinstalling doesn't work. If it exists, post the contents of it here.

runtime.log:

2019-01-15T15:16:12: ----------------------------------------------------------
2019-01-15T15:16:12: Runtime Log for Administrator
2019-01-15T15:16:12: osu! version unknown
2019-01-15T15:16:12: Running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.3.9600.0, 8 cores
2019-01-15T15:16:12: ----------------------------------------------------------
2019-01-15T15:16:12: ERROR:
Run Crash :
OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
在 OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
在 OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
在 OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
在 OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
在 #=zEzB$L4X9coZ4BJrQRr_5Z_8eoupp.#=zCPM8uE8=(Int32 #=zQYXWUfY=, Int32 #=zxzJ1FKg=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zNLnIKZs=)
在 #=zY0uz_RVPEaUz3R9U9YTTYmM=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=z0KWqiTk=)
在 #=zfSiFmTNLZPUX63qHo9SyhrRGfxCS.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=z0KWqiTk=)
在 System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
在 System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
在 System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
在 System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
在 System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
在 #=zd8ljynX1iKg9H1yyUe9613c=.WndProc(Message& #=zdkQxjBY=)
在 System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
在 System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
在 System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Dxdiag.txt:
https://nceuedu-my.sharepoint.com/:t:/g/personal/wt_qkzy_net/Ed0N2lt8ULVEu-6L1ueOeZEBB20aIaiz3fccVaHAcVCLdQ?e=m3QWhv

The same mistake, I hope to help you solve the problem.

I use HDMI connect to Gtx 1060 on Notebook ,Notebook automatically disables the core graphics (Intel HD Graphics 630),Maybe you should set an option to use a discrete graphics card or a core graphics card?

When I used hdmi, my notebook didn't transfer through the core graphics card , But directly connected to the GTX 1060.
This kind of measure can fully play the function of gtx1060 so that the program does not run on the core graphics card and the discrete graphics card at the same time.

i used google translate post this.....sorry= =
Death
If you are connected directly to your graphics card and your integrated graphics aren't being used at all, I don't see a reason for this error to appear.
fbicstrike

Death wrote:

If you are connected directly to your graphics card and your integrated graphics aren't being used at all, I don't see a reason for this error to appear.

What other information do you need?
Death
Well you could try what I suggested above...
fbicstrike

Death wrote:

Well you could try what I suggested above...

update intel graphics drivers? I drivers version:25.20.100.6471...
Death
Yes, that is what I said to do, but if 25.20.100.6471 is the newest version I'd probably try using whichever driver version comes directly before that. Meaning you'll probably need to uninstall the new DCH drivers first (I believe Intel says that is a requirement for rolling them back).
fbicstrike

Death wrote:

Yes, that is what I said to do, but if 25.20.100.6471 is the newest version I'd probably try using whichever driver version comes directly before that. Meaning you'll probably need to uninstall the new DCH drivers first (I believe Intel says that is a requirement for rolling them back).

I uninstall drivers ,use windows update auto install drivers version:21.20.16.4534
run osu:
---------------------------
OpenGL ES Error
Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver
OK
Death
Now that is the older error message we used to see, which is what this quote was originally written for:

Death wrote:

Please make sure your Intel graphics drivers are up to date. Intel released a fix for this specific issue in all of their driver versions 15.46 and higher. If you get your graphics drivers through a computer manufacturer, they may use a different versioning scheme and their most recent drivers may still have this issue. It is good idea to download them directly from Intel's website.

Temporary solutions include: Running osu! with integrated graphics and disabling compatibility mode if applicable. It is highly recommended you fix this issue permanently by downloading up to date drivers.

If you believe you have enabled compatibility mode, navigate to your osu! folder and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg". Verify that the line "CompatibilityContext" is set to 0. If it is not, change it and save the file. Otherwise, this was not the cause.

Not really sure why the error messages changed, "can't find the Intel graphics" vs "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver".
fbicstrike

Death wrote:

Now that is the older error message we used to see, which is what this quote was originally written for:

Death wrote:

Not really sure why the error messages changed, "can't find the Intel graphics" vs "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver".

So...... what information do I need to provide to help you solve the problem?
Death
Assuming you've actually tried all of the stuff in that quote, I'm not really sure what the issue is. Those have seemed to work for the past while and I don't believe anything changed osu!-wise. The only thing not listed there that has worked for some people is to disable fullscreen.

I'll keep trying to see if I can get this error message to show up again.
fbicstrike

Death wrote:

Assuming you've actually tried all of the stuff in that quote, I'm not really sure what the issue is. Those have seemed to work for the past while and I don't believe anything changed osu!-wise. The only thing not listed there that has worked for some people is to disable fullscreen.

I'll keep trying to see if I can get this error message to show up again.

I still remember that I have run successfully, but I don't remember if I used Win10 or Win 2019. I also forgot whether I upgraded the graphics driver later.
maybe you can use teamviewer connect my computer... my email :wt@qkzy.net
Death
Again, assuming you followed the instructions in that quote correctly, I'm not sure what the issue is.
fbicstrike

Death wrote:

Again, assuming you followed the instructions in that quote correctly, I'm not sure what the issue is.

I reinstall Win 10 1809 and wait windows update autoinstall drivers.game runing in complete.....
not crash,no "can't find the Intel graphics" And "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver".
Death
Ok then... interesting. I'm assuming everything else is working fine too? If so, glad you were able to fix it.

Just for reference, someone posted this thread so perhaps it is simply related to using an external monitor in general.
Exhessity
I understand that its been 2 years, but I recently encountered the same problem and have found a easy fix.
First you want to open the file location of osu! and open a CFG file using notepad that should be called osu!.[username]. Then you want to scroll through that list of settings until you find a line that says Fullscreen = 1. You want to go ahead and change Fullscreen = 1 to Fullscreen = 0.