forum

[Archived] "Error occured, please check your connection" Win7

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_aesix_
Problem details:
Just installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 on my laptop, every time I load up the installer it downloads the update then gets stuck at around 12-27% progress and then it just says error occurred, please check your connection. I've tried turning off then on my wi-fi and that didn't work, I tried restarting my computer many times and even left it for a few days then turning it back on and also that didn't work. I've also tried searching the forum for many solutions and tried it and still it didn't work. I'm not sure what the problem is but any help would be great.

osu! version: Stable 20181221.4 (latest)
Death
Please post the contents of the "update.log" file from your osu!/Logs folder.
Topic Starter
_aesix_
I don't think I have the logs folder because all I've got is the installer, but I do have the update log from my previous osu on my previous OS. One thing I maybe should mention is that I ran the game once from the Windows.old folder, it seemed to run fine but then when I went to launch it again from the Windows.old file https://pastebin.com/nbmFaSGK
Death
You will have an update.log file if you've made any progress with the installer. Considering you said it gets up to 27% sometimes, it definitely exists. Check in the location that you are trying to install to.

If the file you sent is indicative of what will be in your actual update.log however, you'll probably want to try adding an exception/creating a rule for osu! in your firewall and also make sure you don't have some proxy or VPN enabled.

Also, it's probably best to just move the game out of Windows.old before running it.
Topic Starter
_aesix_
Hi thanks for the response, yes I have found the update log and before installing I have disabled Windows Firewall and turned off any VPN I had currently active. Also I moved the Windows.old to another hard drive.

Here is the update log from the installer.
https://pastebin.com/26ej85M8

Update: I can't move it to my hard drive so I deleted all the files but the folder just won't delete.
Death

hilmi888 wrote:

Update: I can't move it to my hard drive so I deleted all the files but the folder just won't delete.
What folder are you referring to here, Windows.old? Or just your old osu! folder?
Topic Starter
_aesix_
My Windows.old folder, just that.

Update: Uninstalled Discord didn't work, tried re-locating folder didn't work. Re-Installed osu!installer (I have done this before also and it didn't work) and changed download folder and it worked and it is running fine. Sorry for all the inconvenience I may have caused you. ^-^