forum

[Archived] Hitting way too early after switching OS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wonkie
Problem details:
I had recently switched from from osu! on my Mac to a Windows PC, when I started to seeing that I was consistently hitting notes to early about -30ms, and unnaturally high UR from 160-260. At first I thought it was because I was getting used to playing osu! on a new OS and that it would get better as time passes,

but nope I was still hitting way to early a couple weeks into playing osu!.
At this point its driving me crazy as I try really hard and listen closely to the rhythm and tried staring closely at my monitor to hit the circles on time, but I still get 100s and high UR. Maps I would normally get 98-99% acc with now I can barely even touch 96% acc.

I can't figure out why I'm playing so awfully, I'm still using the same keyboard, and tablet drivers. And it wasn't like I took a break from playing osu! when I went from macOS to Windows; I was still actively playing osu! on my mac the day I switched to Windows

The only big differences would be the operating system, going from 60hz to 144hz refresh rate, and the audio I'm using to play osu!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/12371705

osu! version: Stable 20181221.4 (latest)
Nigrod
Did you try setting universal offset to 0? Do you have windows ink off?
Topic Starter
Wonkie
Yeah right when I built the PC I turned off windows ink and my offset is at 0
Death
There's a pretty big chance that you just got used to playing with a significant amount of delay on your old OS/computer. Either that or you just have some really big visual delay, which is pretty unlikely, I'd find that a bit hard to believe.
Technocoder
If you were using Wineskin on macOS then there is an added delay from not only the keyboard but also the display as Wine has to translate macOS key stroke events into Windows key strokes and DirectX graphics to the OSX driver graphics. It's the same thing for me, I got a Windows laptop a couple days ago and I'm also hitting too early :P.
Topic Starter
Wonkie
Welp I guess I just have to get used to it