forum

[Archived] nVidia optimus

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Niggle
Problem details:
my laptop with an i7 6700hq with 960m dedicated graphics is running osu at barely 200 frames.
its really hard to play with my gpu thats only being utilized 3%.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
cant atm but i will update when i get home

osu! version: Stable 20181221.4 (latest)
Nigrod
Will this help you out

VengefulSimochi wrote:

Problem details:
my laptop with an i7 6700hq with 960m dedicated graphics is running osu at barely 200 frames.

https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/197566

This thread help you out with your issue?
Topic Starter
Niggle

Nigrod wrote:

Will this help you out

VengefulSimochi wrote:

Problem details:

https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/197566

This thread help you out with your issue?

no, the issue is that on my nvidia gpu, the game still runs at around 200 frames (my old laptop without a and dedicated gpu ran far better) if i use my intel gpu it runs a bit faster. Thanks for reply but the thread you sent me was for just using a gpu on a certain task.
Kurumya
I made lot of researches about Nvidia optiimus and OpenGL compatibility bugs. And the result is that there is no way to fix it... You can buy a desktop computer to play osu (even a cheap one will run osu! better than a 1k$ laptop...). You can wait for osu! lazer to be released and pray that ppy fixes this issue in lazer build.
Then the way you can get decent fps and input lag playing on laptop is to play in fullscreen on nivida GPU without letterboxing using a 1280x1024 resolution, or playing on integrated gpu with a 1680x1050 resolution. 1680x1050 will give you the best framerate and lowest input lag on laptop. However, playing with theses settings will still feel less comfortable than playing on a desktop with constant 0.5 ms...