forum

[Archived] Beatmaps are all gone after updating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lmaojay
So I updated my Osu (on Mac) and I notice all my beatmaps are gone. I tried pressing F5 but it didn't really load anything at all. I got all my beatmaps when I didn't have it updated so I don't know if it's gonna be possible for me to get it again. Also, do some beatmaps save? I wouldn't wanna find and download over 400 beatmaps again. ;(
Death
All of your maps are stored locally. Considering you posted this a few days ago, did you just change your release stream, or did you download one of the other versions on the osx.ppy.sh link I provided?

If you just switched your release stream in the options menu, you may need to hold FN while hitting F5 on the song selection screen. This is because the media keys on most mac keyboards are usually set up to be the primary function of the key.

If you downloaded an entirely different release, you'll need to transfer your maps from your old installation to the new one you just downloaded. This can be done by right clicking on the old version of the game and hitting "Show Package Contents", then going "Contents > Resources > drive_c > osu! > Songs" and copying all of the files in that folder over to the same location in the new installation. Then, once you open the game again you should see all of your maps start to process, but if the don't, try hitting F5 on the song selection screen once again.
Topic Starter
lmaojay
I'm glad it did work, but when I took out my old osu it only had 75 beatmaps which made me confused. I had a lot but now I only have just a few which makes me a bit upset. I don't know if that had to deal with my accidentally putting it in the trash, is there a way to fix that? ;/
Death
75 beatmaps or 75 folders? I believe the beatmap count in-game counts all difficulties, one folder can contain multiple difficulties. Not sure if that means 75 folders would necessarily mean 300 total maps in-game, but that is something to keep in mind.

I don't think simply putting the old version of the game into the trash would delete your maps. Unless you fully deleted the stuff in your trash bin, you should be able to restore it and move your maps into the new installation.
Shina_WTNB
After my game was updated, it deleted all the files that belonged to me. Although I tried all the solution methods written here, I could not recover my deleted files.
  It says that the old version of my game does not exist.
Krxtez
i just deleted a beatmap but for some reason all my 1* 2* and some of my 3* disappeared this is the 2nd time this has happened and a few of these where my best ones. i started with 350 something maps i am done to like 200 something. i an on a windows 10 hp laptop pls give me some guidence
JustABeginner
Hi Krxtez!
I think you should create a new thread for this. Bumping old threads like this won't get help immediately. Please don't do it again next time. Thanks!

Also, if that's the case check your star rating limiter in the settings. And create another thread if it doesn't solve your problem.