forum

osu! Mapping World Cup #1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aurele

Contest organised mostly by - Imakuri, - Pachiru and - Gabe
With the help from -Arche, hanfan, Nozhomi, Jean-Michel Jr, C00L, GoldenWolf, Mitsunu and Shizuku-

Welcome to the osu! Mapping World Cup #1 contest!
This post is the official post for the contest, any updates or changes will be posted here!

Current Stage: Done! Thank you everyone for joining!

Join our Discord server!

The Ambassador Applications close on the 27th of December at 00:00 GMT

The Team Member Pick up phase begins on the 27th of December at 00:00 GMT and will end on the 11th of January at 00:00 GMT

The Mapping Phase will begin on the 12th of January and will end on the 9th of February at 00:00 GMT

Please read everything below to familiarize yourself with the contest.

Rules
PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE RULES AND SHALL NOT BE BROKEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!

1. The osu!Standard Ranking Criteria and General Ranking Criteria are in effect for this contest - The winning prize of the contest includes ranking the winning teams entries, which will be the 3 songs submitted by the team of mappers, we cannot do that if you don't obey the Ranking Criteria. Any required difficulties to fulfill the requirements of the ranking criteria will be supplied by the Organiser Team.

2. 4-7 members per team required - The main concept of the contest is to show off each countries mapping possibilities. This means that collaboration will be a necessary concept between the team members.

3. At least 2 mappers will have to collaborate PER SONG & each mapper will have to map at least 10% of the TOTAL DRAIN TIME for all 3 songs combined - The main objective of this contest is to test each country in their ability to map and collaborate by using a variety of different song genres. How you organize the drain time beyond the required threshold is completely up to you.

4. Copying other people’s work is strictly prohibited - The whole point of the contest is to test each countries ability as a whole, therefore by copying others peoples work you’re not truthfully showing off what your country is capable of. If we, or the judges, find out work has been copied, your entire team will be disqualified.

5. Sharing or asking for external help for your mapset before the set deadline ends, is strictly prohibited - Doing so will automatically disqualify your team.

6. Submissions will not be accepted after the deadline - Everybody will have the same time to map the set so it will ultimately become really unfair if somebody had more time than the others, therefore any maps submitted after the deadline will be disqualified.

7. Custom hitsounds are allowed, but none will be provided - You are allowed, and even encouraged, to use custom hitsounds. Make sure they don’t overlap with your other difficulties, though. How you will organize them will be up to you.

8. Changing the mp3 or timing of the .osz is prohibited - Name speaks for itself, reason for that is to avoid any complications during the judging process since you will be submitting .osu rather than .osz.

9. Storyboards are allowed, however they will not be taken into account during the judging process - Title speaks for itself, this is not a storyboarding contest.

FAQ's

Q : What is this contest?
A : The osu!MWC is a standard mode contest where several countries compete against each other to show off their country’s mapping ability. Each team will be handpicked by a Team Ambassador, comprised of 4 to 7 members, including the Team Ambassador.

Q : How does this contest work?
A : You will be tasked to work on 3 different songs, each will be from 3 different musical genres. You and your team have to work on the three songs as a collaboration difficulty. Each of you will have to map at least 10% of the total drain time of all 3 songs combined. When your team is done mapping, your Team Ambassador will send the entry as a PM to Imakuri or Pachiru (osu!forum or Discord). Your entries will then be judged, and results will be announced on a Twitch livestream after the judging phase is done.

Q : What will be the songs?
A : The songs will be revealed on January 12th on the Discord Server.

Q: “At least 2 mappers will have to collaborate PER SONG & each mapper will have to map at least 10% of the TOTAL DRAIN TIME for all 3 songs combined” - Does this mean that I have to map all 3 songs?
A: No, you as a contestant are given the freedom of choice on which song you’d like to participate/map in the most. You are required to map at least the 10% of the TOTAL drain time over the 3 songs, which basically means that you have to map 10% of the total drain time of all 3 songs combined. For example if all 3 songs combined come to 10 minutes of drain time (not length time) you will have to map at least 60 seconds of drain time spread across 1 song or all 3 songs if you choose to. Also 2 mappers are required PER SONG at the bare minimum, this is to ensure that the collaboration part of the contest is still retained.

Q : What is a “Team Ambassador”?
A : The Team Ambassadors are “country captains” who will be handpicked by the staff team from the Team Ambassador Submissions. They will be picked based on their mapping experience and their involvement in the mapping community. They will represent their country alongside their team. To confirm their picks, the Team Ambassador must send a PM to Imakuri or Pachiru (osu!forum or Discord). If one of the team members can’t partake in the tournament, the Ambassadors have until January 11th to change their picks should they need to.

Q : What if my country doesn’t have a Team Ambassador?
A : Ambassador applications will end on December 27th. If nobody applied to be Ambassador for your country by then, you won’t be able to participate in the contest. Make sure to let mappers in your country know of this beforehand!
The country you will be allowed to participate with will be based on your profile's flag.
However, for some countries like Belgium - Luxembourg - Netherlands, also known as Benelux, and Australia - New Zealand, a merge is possible to fix the lack of mappers. The merging countries have to talk the same language (besides English if it isn't their countries' official language), or have to be neighbors.

Q : Can I have my own team for my country even if it already has one?
A: No. Each country will only have one Team Ambassador to represent it.

Q : Do I have to join the Discord server to participate?
A : Only the Team Ambassador is required to join the Discord server. The team members however are free to join or not. Although not joining will result in you missing out on important announcements and a private country text channel which will be ONLY available on the discord server.

Q : Can I join the Discord server even if I don’t want to participate in the contest?
A : Yes. There is a public link at the top of the forum post. Upon joining, you’ll be in the #arrival channel, where you will have to post your osu! profile link, and then a member of the staff/moderator will accept you.

Q : Can I make a Mania/Taiko/CTB map?
A : No. This instance of the contest is only for the osu!standard mode.

Q : I’m restricted, can I still participate?
A : No. For the legitimacy of this tournament; we can not accept banned users.

Q : I am from Singapore but I have the Russian flag, can I belong to Singapore team?
A : Technically no. You can only join the countries team that is displayed on your osu profile.

Q : Will this event be broadcasted on Twitch?
A : Yes! The tournament results will be broadcasted in live on the osu! Mapping World Cup Twitch channel by BeasttrollMC and some guests! During this livestream, you will have judge feedback and a showcase of all the contest submissions!

Hello fellow mappers!

After the recent osu! World Cup tournament we (the organisers) realised that there wasn't really an opportunity for mappers to participate in something similar. So we bring to you the osu! Mapping World Cup, which will test your country's abilities in placing circles as opposed to clicking them!

Format
Since this is a newly formed contest let me do a quick run down of how things are going to work.

1. Register as a Contestant through the Discord servers #arrival text channel. Joining the server will allow you to stay up to date with any news regarding the contest (all new information will be posted in the server). Applying as a contestant makes it possible for Team Ambassadors to pick you up during the Team pick up phase.
  2. Optionally you can register as a Team Ambassador through this link here to represent your country. This will allow you to pick up Contestants during the pick up phase. Keep in mind that you have to be a experienced mapper/modder to apply for this role.
  3. The base .osz file will be released at the beginning of the contest at a specific date. The link to the .osz will only be available to those in the discord server.
  4. From the moment the contest begins the contestants have a total of 3 weeks to map all 3 songs provided upon release. Each song must include 1 collaborated difficulty.
  5. Once the contestants finish mapping, they should submit their individual .osu files & any files relating to their entry i.e. hitsounds/storyboards to Pachiru or Imakuri via osu! PM's.
  6. After the 3 week period has ended, no more entries will be accepted and any that are submitted past the deadline will be automatically disqualified. Judges then will be given anonymous .osz sets and in the following weeks they will make up their scores based on the provided judging criteria.
  7. Once the judging period has concluded, Results will be compiled & released to the public.

Please Note: If any changes occur to your teams status, e.g. one of your team members cannot participate because of such and such reason or a person joined your team after the application was sent. Please report this to Imakuri! Logs of every team registered are kept on a private document, but as you may know sometimes things may happen between people and this information doesn't reach the staff, so please let Imakuri know whenever something changes.

Prizes
  1. 1st Place - 6 months of osu! supporter to each team member in the winning team. The winning mapset gets pushed to the pending section as 3 different individual sets after-which the staff provide all the remainder of difficulties to complete the set. There will also be a profile badge awarded to each winning team member.
  2. 2nd Place - 4 months of osu! supporter to each team member
  3. 3rd Place - 2 month of osu! supporter to each team member
    Prizes are subject to change

Registration
Please follow this link to register for the osu! Mapping World Cup contest as a Contestant: here.
Once you have joined please follow the instructions provided in the channel description. If you wish just to join the server just to see what's going on, just state in #arrival that you want to be a Spectator.

Please follow this link to register for the Team Ambassador role: here

Judges

• Judges which have been elected for this contest are:

- -Mo- || - Regraz || - Irreversible || - Electoz || - DeRandomOtaku || - Hollow Wings

• Here is the reserve Judges list :

- Xexxar || -Smokeman || - Yauxo

The elected judges have been reviewed by the organisers and have been approved to be suited for the position.

Important information
  1. View the Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.) here
  2. View the Contest Rules here
  3. View the Judging Criteria here

Questions?
If you have any questions regarding this contest, please do not hesitate to ask any of the organisers or anybody on #general We're always online on discord and always happy to help.
Pachiru
semaphore
pogchamp
J1_
Epic
Cubby
gay
Fall
hold this L cubby
Nakano Itsuki
pog
Nightlys