forum

Feedback for different keyboard switches for Mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neko_Grim
Hey so I'm currently using my k95 platinum for a keyboard with cherry mx reds on Osu!Mania, but I was curious I just pre ordered the new Ducky One mini 2 with cherry mx brown switches and was wondering on how browns feel on mania from anyone who plays with them already :D
Bobbias
Browns are generally considered the best switches for mania. But really, it comes down to personal preference.
NightNarumi
I tried both reds and browns (currently using reds) and from what I've felt, browns uses a lot less stamina than reds.
It could be me, but that's my opinion at least.
Bobbias
Why would browns use less stamina though? They should actually require slightly more due to the tactile bump as you press them down.
-Osamu

Bobbias wrote:

Why would browns use less stamina though? They should actually require slightly more due to the tactile bump as you press them down.

Technically theres a tactile bump but it really isn't that big especially compared to cherry mx blues or alps tactiles switches or similar. It doesn't really affect stamina.
Bobbias
That's why I said they "technically" should. I assumed that in reality the bump had effectively no effect, just that theoretically, it should take more effort to hit a brown than a red.