forum

[Archived] Replays lost, scores.db doesn't work

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
un perro
So, i lost a lot of my replays, this happened 2 or 3 times and wanted to know how to recover them so i searched on threads and deleted the current scores.db file on my osu! folder and rename the osu!.db.636788563574893102.bak to scores.db, but when i do that ,open the game and go to selection songs goes back to scores.db.636788563574893102.bak so i don't know how to fix

so here's how it is before i open osu and do the thing:

Then, i change it to scores.db:

and when i open osu! it does this automatically:

osu! version: Stable 20181118.3 (latest)
Death
Check inside your "Data\r" folder to see how many files are in there. That is where your local replay data is actually stored. If you have a bunch of stuff in there, theoretically, deleting your scores.db while you have the game closed (and not renaming that backup file) should cause it to be recreated with data based on the replays that are in that folder.

At the very least if that doesn't work, assuming you do in fact have replays in that folder, they can all be loaded back into the game manually. They are just normal .osr files with a weird name, so they can either be double clicked or dragged into the osu! window. Could take a while though depending on how many replays you have.

If you don't have anything in that folder then I'm not sure how much you can actually do. You may have something on your computer that is deleting your files.