forum

[Archived] trivial issue/question on preview images

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aehrea
Problem details:
I recently made a new map... the preview picture was very random; a google image search of it revealed it to be the box art of "Katari Damacy"; but (1) I'd never heard of it before and (2) the song is from Ne Obliviscaris, so I don't think it's likely the preview picture was from their audio track. On my music player, the song's image is the album's (Citadel) cover art.

So (1) why does my map randomly have a preview picture (I haven't submitted any of the maps online so none of them except the new one have a preview, or I'm assuming that's why) and (2) why Katari Damacy? Is there something in osu's files which keeps that?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20180811.2
domi1819
That's the background of https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1/#osu/75 which has mapset id 1.
When you create a beatmap and don't submit it, it doesn't have an official mapset id yet.
Normally that number should be -1 but it can be something different under certain circumstances - I have a handful of maps that have ids like 2, 4 etc (idk the specifics here).
Preview images are generated from map backgrounds and then cached (generated previews are stored by id in /Data/bt).
It's likely you downloaded that specific map after you created your beatmap, and the game got confused over the duplicate id.