forum

[Archived] The weirdest problem I've had with skins, don't know how to name it

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ErDeiviSupaHot
Problem details: I'll go describing image by image the problem. Basically my mom run some programs on this computer yesterday and the skins seem to have messed up, I have no idea why.

Screenshot 1: Detail settings: Just showing you everything is off.

Screenshot 2: I'm gonna be showing some examples of how different skins got fucked up on different ways. Rafis skin: Everything normal, except for the cursor, and the fact that the followpoints dissapeared (it was the version of the skin with followpoints)

Screenshot 3-4-5-6: Chitanda, Angelmegumin's version, without combo numbers. Now it has this snaking slider stuff, like it vomits some bright stuff when you're going throught a slider. 50s, 100s and 300s from default skin

Screenshot 7: Yugen, literally went back to default as a whole. Numbers, cursor, snaking sliders, hit lighting, everything. I repeat, it's all turned off, look at the first screenshot

Screenshot 8: Raito's skin. The cursor is fine, the cursor is fine, but the 300s from default skin are there

Screenshot 9: Kynan's skin: Everything went back to default except the cursor

Screenshots 10-11: MrBoom's skin. Just look at them. Also, it has the cursor trail of the default skin when I'm on the menu

I could go on, every skin has a different problem.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://imgur.com/a/zNzqWwx

In conclusion: PLEASE HELP.

osu! version: Stable 20181118.3 (latest)
RockRoller
That sounds like whatever programm your mom used deleted some files. Make sure that the acoordimg files you are missing are still existing in the skin folders. If they are not there than my guess is correct and you need to redownload your skins
Topic Starter
ErDeiviSupaHot

RockRoller wrote:

That sounds like whatever programm your mom used deleted some files. Make sure that the acoordimg files you are missing are still existing in the skin folders. If they are not there than my guess is correct and you need to redownload your skins

It seems like it, I'll have to re-dl every skin I wanna use. Thanks anyways!
Kishuya
Uhh... What program did she download? It's as if the code is like

Inject osu.exe
If Skins = true:
Delete in range[0]
Else
End

I at first thought it was some sort of anti-virus, but what shitty anti-virus deletes images? It's either that or she downloaded a stupid program to clear some un-wanted dated which deleted the skin parts (doesn't explain why the same element of each skin didn't get deleted) that or your Mum found some random files and was like "what's that boy been downloading this time?" And found 2000 random images of numbers and eroge lolis.