forum

[Archived] Osu! stopped working...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
qShawnie
Problem details: Osu! stopped working, with the usual "Close program" dialog.

These are my logs, as I've seen everyone been asking for it.
I really don't know what to do.

Faulting application name: osu!.exe, version: 1.3.3.7, time stamp: 0x5bf12fd3
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x50bec6d1
Faulting process id: 0xc70
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4835c4ed6459d
Faulting application path: G:\osu!\osu!.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: e0a3af35-a77d-41e2-9d27-eac67d40abf8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Death
The exception code in that log is extremely vague and doesn't say much unfortunately. Does there happen to be anything else in your event viewer aside from that?

How often do you crash and what are you doing when that happens? Have you tried simply restarting your computer?
Topic Starter
qShawnie
Of course I've tried restaring, I've checked multiple forums, and so on. I've basically tried everything that I know of, without result, obviously.
I've even tried reinstalling Net frameworks, but 'TrustedInstaller' won't let me delete the folders. RIP my Osu.

Besides that, my game doesn't even start. I just click on it, loads for 1 second then this error appears.
Need to mention that I don't have my windows updates installed, as I hate every single bit of a windows update. Lags my PC, and doesn't help me at all.
Death
That doesn't really answer whether or not there is anything else in your Event Viewer. Having that is important, without any information anything you try is just a guess, and anything I'd suggest would also be a complete guess.

Does the pink osu! logo even pop up when you start the game? Does the osu! Window open in that "1 second" before the error appears?

An example of a complete guess would be something like are you running osu! through steam? Do you have any other applications open in the background that could possibly be putting an overlay on the game (like Discord)? Have you tried reinstalling your graphics drivers? Because those are just a few of the examples as to where I've seen this extremely vague exception code before.

Also, I find it a bit hard to believe that every Windows update causes issues. If you haven't installed extremely old and important updates, how can you be sure that the new ones will cause issues?
Topic Starter
qShawnie
No, I am not running osu through Steam.
The logo appears, of course, and then I get this error https://gyazo.com/3590c818cd6b8b0752cfd25ee4082467
Death
Check inside your osu!\Logs folder for a "runtime.log" file and post the content of it here. You still have not answered my question as to whether or not anything else is in your Event Viewer. The only thing I can suggest are my random guesses, which I suppose you should just go ahead and try at this point.

What GPU do you have in your computer? Try clean reinstalling its drivers.

Try closing other applications you have running in the background that you don't need to have open for your computer to function properly. Make sure you completely close them and they aren't just minimized to your system tray (some programs like to do that).

Try installing those Windows updates because those are typically important.
Topic Starter
qShawnie
I also found these from EW

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: osu!.exe
P2: 1.3.3.7
P3: 5bf12fd3
P4: StackHash_9695
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: c000041d
P8: PCH_03_FROM_atioglxx+0x0012AA39
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\Merrlia\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBFD1.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_osu!.exe_fc49c2b41460351b1c1eeb71df7d732425ce94d_48359ffb_0444c31c

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: d455bb8f-5c5a-4c4d-89cf-c51397060f4a
Report Status: 97
Hashed bucket:
Death
Yeah, based on that log you have an AMD GPU, right?

I'd suggest using their Clean Uninstall Utility and/or Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall whatever drivers you have right now, then re-download them from AMD's Website.
Topic Starter
qShawnie
Did that. Still doesn't work.RIP