forum

[Archived] Osu! keeps force closing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Babysnaps
Problem details: My client keeps closing whenever I tab out or when I'm downloading beatmaps when it takes me to the osu! website etc.

I just installed an updated version of the NVIDIA drivers

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20181118.1
Death
Are you sure it isn't just minimized? Fullscreen games like to do that.. check your system tray when you tab out.
Topic Starter
Babysnaps
Nope it forced closed
Dntm8kmeeatu
A video showing the issue would be cool, since this seems odd. Be sure to show Task manager too if you do.
Topic Starter
Babysnaps
https://imgur.com/a/682kkXV
Hope it's clear. Do I need to send my logs or no?
Death
Yes some logs would be nice to have. Please check in your Event Viewer for any crash logs, here is a guide on how to find those: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/638421?start=6231904

What path do you have osu! installed in? Do you perhaps have two separate installations on your computer at the same time? It doesn't seem right that you would randomly fail to authenticate after just having been logged in. Your username and password definitely should be changed just because your game crashed.

It's also odd that the link you clicked on opened two times, unless you clicked on it two times in rapid succession. And it started downloading without you even clicking on anything? Do you have some browser extension doing stuff for you or something?
Topic Starter
Babysnaps
I have Osu! installed in my D: drive and yes I have a browser extension for downloading maps but thing is it's been happening before I had the extension
Death
Can you get those logs from your Event Viewer?

Again though, it doesn't make sense that you would randomly fail to authenticate after your game closes. I'm assuming you just re-logged in after that and it worked, but does that happen every time?
Topic Starter
Babysnaps
- System

- Provider

[ Name] .NET Runtime

- EventID 1026

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2018-11-21T09:46:59.121270700Z

EventRecordID 241489

Channel Application

Computer LAPTOP-4D6ID63E

Security

- EventData

Application: osu!.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.SwapBuffers(IntPtr) at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext.SwapBuffers() at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext.SwapBuffers() at #=zDAAjAoTWvb5FV4qGDUsrCQI=.#=zSQHJ5UXcYbto() at #=zfYcQssQbcLKR2cgh8LDymliPT_Fe.#=zSQHJ5UXcYbto() at #=zPlYWDxpecoJI37ndQQ==.#=zd6taLjY=() at #=zScWiEJr9z_a$cimIyw==.#=z2mrCCQxdTWE$(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at #=zHiz5fS$cEAhInnLGOBsV2ig=.#=zHngCC5Y=(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at #=zQ6Y3h6RzA3U45qcNOtxzFgg=.#=ztebUKyswzxTqBRHiYw==(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form) at #=zQ6Y3h6RzA3U45qcNOtxzFgg=.#=z4nx1UCQ=() at #=zScWiEJr9z_a$cimIyw==.#=z4nx1UCQ=() at #=zmyWTb3m8dDQke7qrYw==.#=z6L6eMIvxzWG5(System.String, Boolean, Boolean) at #=zmyWTb3m8dDQke7qrYw==.#=zH6GbetY=(System.String[]) at #=zmyWTb3m8dDQke7qrYw==.#=z_ae4ng8=() at #=q_qhnV5JJIRTrpIhSbepJ9dTuf4EmIx76b40NGuLle78=.#=zjdyJyLA=()

Yea it seems to