forum

[resolved] Unexpectedly higher score

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrQubo
I've played the same map three times one after another. On my first play, I've got "A" grade. On the third play, I've got "S" score, but I've got less score than on the first play.

The score difference is exactly 6250.

It's really weird because I've got more "300" and less "100" and "50". I've had better accuracy and full combo on both playthroughs. I've also managed to get one more additional spin on a spinner. Both were played with no mods.

Are there some additional score sources I'm not aware of?

The first playthrough:

The second playthrough:

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20181112.3
Death
The timing of 100s and 50s have an impact on your final score. If you have the same combo on two plays, a 100 at the end of the map will hurt you more than it would if it was at the beginning. There is a good chance most of your 100s on the second play were late in the map (or at least later than they were on your other score).
Topic Starter
MrQubo

Death wrote:

The timing of 100s and 50s have an impact on your final score. If you have the same combo on two plays, a 100 at the end of the map will hurt you more than it would if it was at the beginning. There is a good chance most of your 100s on the second play were late in the map (or at least later than they were on your other score).

Oh, you're right. The score is multiplied by the current combo so (assuming full combo) I get more points later in the map.
Thanks!