forum

[Archived] I'm left-handed and I was thinking about tablet for osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KuuuBaaa

Hello!

Like in topic I'm left-handed and I want to play osu! on the graphic tablet but I normally write anything with my left hand but most of the things I do with my right hand. A lot of players (professional stage and common players) who use tablet to play holds their pen with the right hand because (obviously) they are right-handed). I try play on the tablet in my friend house but I not felling this, this is so strange, this feels like like when I'm trying write something with my right hand.I can't hit on the keyboard with my right hand this is immediately obvious.
Is it a solution for this "problem", I'm doomed on playing on mouse forever?

(Sorry for my English btw.)
Hirashi3630
Hello, I am right-hand but if you're using tablet, in software you can see this checkbox "Left handed". So if I understand you: no you aren't "doomed on playing on mouse forever" xd
Topic Starter
KuuuBaaa

Hirashi3630 wrote:

Hello, I am right-hand but if you're using tablet, in software you can see this checkbox "Left handed". So if I understand you: no you aren't "doomed on playing on mouse forever" xd

I know this option but I accustom to (normal for everyone) setting:
Left hand - keyboard
Right hand - mouse (If I understand your answer I'm not wanna play on tablet with my left hand and keyboard in right this will be impossible to relearning etc.)
modrei_DELETED
as i understood it you want to do both things (aiming, clicking) on one hand, there are players in 2 digits that do similiar method - tap x, they aim and tap one button with pen and click the second button on keyboard, here is an example

sry if i misunderstood
Topic Starter
KuuuBaaa

6ix9ine wrote:

as i understood it you want to do both things (aiming, clicking) on one hand, there are players in 2 digits that do similiar method - tap x, they aim and tap one button with pen and click the second button on keyboard, here is an example

sry if i misunderstood

I just wanna play like normal right-handed person, I want only answer what I must to do with my left-handed (I'm not typical left-handed I do a lot of things with my right hand my left hand is good I guess in writing and do combos in osu! xD). I want answer how my right hand should work like you guys (right-handed of course).
Death
I'm kind of confused as to what you want as an answer. You already seem to know exactly what you want, but you expect some sort of magic answer on how to use a tablet with your right hand?

KuuuBaaa wrote:

I just wanna play like normal right-handed person, I want only answer what I must to do with my left-handed (I'm not typical left-handed I do a lot of things with my right hand my left hand is good I guess in writing and do combos in osu! xD). I want answer how my right hand should work like you guys (right-handed of course).
I really doubt someone is going to come over to where you live and teach you how click keys with your left hand and hold a pen with your right hand. That's something you are going to need to figure out on your own. For most people it's not easy to use a pen with your non-dominant hand, and if this is something you actually want do you'll need to practice/get used to it on your own.

For what its worth, there are good players that use their left hand to aim. It might just be easier to relearn aiming with you left hand and clicking with your right, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Topic Starter
KuuuBaaa

Death wrote:

I'm kind of confused as to what you want as an answer. You already seem to know exactly what you want, but you expect some sort of magic answer on how to use a tablet with your right hand?

KuuuBaaa wrote:

I really doubt someone is going to come over to where you live and teach you how click keys with your left hand and hold a pen with your right hand. That's something you are going to need to figure out on your own. For most people it's not easy to use a pen with your non-dominant hand, and if this is something you actually want do you'll need to practice/get used to it on your own.

For what its worth, there are good players that use their left hand to aim. It might just be easier to relearn aiming with you left hand and clicking with your right, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Maybe I should this write.
Is this possible to learn playing like normal right-handed man with my "worst" hand? I don't want play like left-handed because I'm feel good at hitting left hand and aims with the mouse (like a right-handed people, this is normal for me but I write anything with my left hand), but I don't know is it possible?
Death

KuuuBaaa wrote:

Maybe I should this write.
Is this possible to learn playing like normal right-handed man with my "worst" hand? I don't want play like left-handed because I'm feel good at hitting left hand and aims with the mouse (like a right-handed people, this is normal for me but I write anything with my left hand), but I don't know is it possible?
Yeah, why wouldn't it be possible? It will probably just take a lot more time and effort considering you write with your other hand and have most likely been doing so for close to however long you've been alive.