forum

[Archived] Scores won't submit and Microstutters

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TrulyVirtual
Problem details: After the resent update my game has been stuttering a lot and even I do take the time to finish a map with the stutters the map won't submit. I have a stable internet connection and have the latest drivers.
my specs:
gtx 1060 3gb
Ryzen 5 1400
8 gb ddr4 ram
windows 10

osu! version: Stable 20181101.2 (latest)
Death
Have you tried restarting your computer? Do you receive any sort of message that says your score wasn't submitted?

It also looks like you submitted a score 5 minutes before you posted this. Check the "Historical" section of your profile to determine whether or not your scores are actually submitting. The "Recent" section will only display a score if it is in the top 1000 of the map's leaderboard.
Topic Starter
TrulyVirtual

Death wrote:

Have you tried restarting your computer? Do you receive any sort of message that says your score wasn't submitted?

It also looks like you submitted a score 5 minutes before you posted this. Check the "Historical" section of your profile to determine whether or not your scores are actually submitting. The "Recent" section will only display a score if it is in the top 1000 of the map's leaderboard.

My scores don’t submit most of the time. I tried playing a few map (around 6) and only one submitted
Death

Death wrote:

I'd still like to know the answer to the two questions I asked above.

And can you switch to Cutting Edge, try to submit a few scores, and then provide the runtime.log and update.log files from your osu!\Logs folder?
Topic Starter
TrulyVirtual

Death wrote:

Death wrote:

I'd still like to know the answer to the two questions I asked above.

And can you switch to Cutting Edge, try to submit a few scores, and then provide the runtime.log and update.log files from your osu!\Logs folder?

I have reset my computer many times. The messages it says is something like “A fatal error occurred when trying to submit this score”. I’ll try getting on cutting edge when I get home
Death
Probably no need to get on Cutting Edge actually, I just want your runtime.log after trying to submit a few scores now, which should be there regardless of the release stream you are on.

What skin are you using and can you try using the default skin for a while just to see if you are still having issues?
Topic Starter
TrulyVirtual

Death wrote:

Probably no need to get on Cutting Edge actually, I just want your runtime.log after trying to submit a few scores now, which should be there regardless of the release stream you are on.

What skin are you using and can you try using the default skin for a while just to see if you are still having issues?

2018-11-09T21:32:17: GL Initialized
2018-11-09T21:32:17: GL Version: OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 2.1.0.0d79a9db3d42)
2018-11-09T21:32:17: GL Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)
2018-11-09T21:32:17: GL Shader Language version: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00 (ANGLE 2.1.0.0d79a9db3d42)
2018-11-09T21:32:17: GL Vendor: Google Inc.
2018-11-09T21:32:17: GL Extensions: GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_float_linear GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ANGLE_depth_texture GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_OES_texture_npot GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_NV_fence GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blit GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisample GL_ANGLE_instanced_arrays GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_frag_depth GL_ANGLE_texture_usage GL_ANGLE_translated_shader_source GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_EGL_image GL_EXT_unpack_subimage GL_NV_pack_subimage GL_OES_vertex_array_object
2018-11-09T21:32:17: GL Context: Index: 187459772, Color: 32 (8888), Depth: 16, Stencil: 0, Samples: 0, Accum: 0 (0000), Buffers: 2, Stereo: False

I changed my skin to default and the issue is the same
Death
What about if you disable compatibility mode? Is it still the same?
Monkey D Kato
My osu is stuttering too. I dont know why
Death

Monkey D Kato wrote:

My osu is stuttering too. I dont know why
Have you also tried restarting your computer? Try closing anything you have running in the background that isn't necessary for your computer to function correctly. Or just check out this thread because there are a lot of potential fixes listed in there.
Topic Starter
TrulyVirtual

Death wrote:

What about if you disable compatibility mode? Is it still the same?

I have tried disabling compatibility mode and it made the problem worse with stutters and still wont submit most scores
Edit: Without compatibility mode after a few minutes of playing the game lags a lot and ends up crashing
Death
Can you try clean reinstalling your graphics drivers then (even if you say you already have the latest drivers)? Use something like Display Driver Uninstaller first, and then download maybe the second or third driver from this page, perhaps the drivers that came out yesterday are causing some issues.