forum

How do I fake being sick?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
Not in the mood to go to school tomorrow, how do I fake getting a headache and get my body temp to be hot especially my forehead?
Meah
cook yourself
abraker
There is something terribly wrong with the educational system if people dont want to school
Westonini

abraker wrote:

There is something terribly wrong with the educational system if people dont want to school

I feel like most people don't want to go to school. Although I used to dread it mostly because some teachers were boring as hell or were such ass.

None of the subjects really interested me either.

OT: Uh, I dunno maybe exercise?
levesterz
ColdTooth
Hey I did this quite a bit in my high school years because my high school wasn't great, thus what abraker said. I wanted to stay home when there was something due, and honestly, i didn't want to be around the kids too much, especially w/ their latest bullshit.

Here's something I usually do to fake it. Now this obviously won't work everyday or once a month, but if you're looking for a "god fucking damnit this day is going to be fucking stupid i dont care", pretend you're sick.

Every symptom you can think of, besides vomitting ofcourse, just act like you have it. Headache? Easy, just have blurry vision and constantly not pay attention. Slur your voice, which isn't hard to do, really, and lastly, to confirm you're sick so your parents don't have to go like "oh he's just not sick and wants the day off bullshit", stay in bed until 2 hours before school en-

Huh? What do you mean I'm arrested?! I'm live right now, you know! You can't just take me away and -

ColdTooth's voice got softer and was barely heard
Westonini
Hmm.. that's weird. I could have sworn I heard ColdTooth just a second ago. Must be my imagination.

Maybe I'm the one who's sick here.
johnmedina999
Just go to school.
levesterz

Westonini wrote:

Hmm.. that's weird. I could have sworn I heard ColdTooth just a second ago. Must be my imagination.

Maybe I'm the one who's sick here.
Maybe is one of his clone
abraker
When I was in highschool the only thing that got me through the day is waiting to go the robotics club at the end of the day
damn I miss those times
Aiseca

abraker wrote:

There is something terribly wrong with the educational system if people don't want to school

In our country, there's alot.... imo. Because I can remember back at my high school days (4th year), the freshmen at that time were so terrible, a few already got dislocated arms just because of horsing around the hallway and acting reckless doing a shi*ton of silliness. Oh, and also someone was kicked out on the school by bringing alcohol in the class and then drink it at the back end, others were smoking rolled paper at the bathroom (I am not joking, they indeed smoke rolled bond papers that time). Geez, Those horrible times Q.Q)
45Traeath
Go to a hosp' and ask for at least one mask.
Westonini

Aiseca wrote:

abraker wrote:

There is something terribly wrong with the educational system if people don't want to school

In our country, there's alot.... imo. Because I can remember back at my high school days (4th year), the freshmen at that time were so terrible, a few already got dislocated arms just because of horsing around the hallway and acting reckless doing a shi*ton of silliness. Oh, and also someone was kicked out on the school by bringing alcohol in the class and then drink it at the back end, others were smoking rolled paper at the bathroom (I am not joking, they indeed smoke rolled bond papers that time). Geez, Those horrible times Q.Q)

Kids were always having sex in the bathrooms and smoking shit at my high school. Like they literally smoked weed in class and thought they were so cool.

If you weren't taking AP courses you were honestly surrounded by retards. Good times, good times.
abraker
i can imagine those kind of people compared highschool to prison. My highschool had metal detectors I had to go through everyday. Open water bottles would be confiscated and thrown out. Phones would be confiscated till the end of the semester. The deli across the street had a nice business where students would store their phones for the day for a dollar. You were not allowed to be in the hallway for any reason. if you were, you would be bounced back to some classroom or lunchroom or made leave the building if you were done for the day. If you entered the lunchroom you were stuck there until the period ended.

Those were the four years I never wore a belt so I didnt have to deal with the metal detectors. I avoided the lunchroom like the plague. I often walked around in hallways and bump into security. They would tell me to go somewhere, i'd say ok and continue walking. Second time bumping we're not supposed so fun, but that rarely happened. By my junior year all teachers knew me and it was like a free pass to be anywhere so long there is not a class or event in session.
Quibbly

abraker wrote:

There is something wrong: they 'teach' you things that you will never ever use in life and you spend all your childhood and teenage years going to it just to spend your adult years in something similar: a job.
keremaru
School is just boring. The only reason most people go to school is to go to college, which is just another session of high school to get a better chance at getting a better job than the people who didn't go to college. In the end, it all revolves around getting through better in life, and being part of the circle of entrapment known as society.

School exists just to help you gain footing for your dream job, if you have one, regardless of useful information. Faking being sick isn't typically good from that viewpoint, but it's fine. Just pour hot water over yourself, dry off in a steamy room, wearing as much hot stuff as you can w/o being suspicious, and immediately cover yourself in a large, warm and fuzzy blanket. Haven't done this before, so I don't know if it'll work or not. Cheers if it does, however.
johnmedina999
I hate this meme.

Quibbly wrote:

they 'teach' you things that you will never ever use in life
Just because you don't understand systems of equations doesn't mean that you can shit on it and say that you will never use it. Any piece of mathematics includes things you will use in your everyday life, for the rest of your life. You can either use the topic directly, or it will give you skills to do anything else in your life. Maybe you won't be converting moles into grams and balancing equations every day, but you sure as hell will be converting grams into ounces, find out the best price per ounce, and balancing your checkbook so you can afford to pay your rent this month and so you won't get evicted. And just because you can't understand what your teacher is teaching you doesn't mean you can just give up on it. If you can't understand, maybe you should be spending a little less time on Off-Topic and Discord and Snapshat and Instagram and more time on Khan Academy and in the library studying what you need to know. Learning something yourself makes you remember it beter than you sucking up information and regurgitating it on a test. And if you need help, ask your teacher. And no, don't tell me that he doesn't listen to you because I can bet that you haven't even tried to talk to him.

Quibbly wrote:

you spend all your childhood and teenage years going to it just to spend your adult years in something similar: a job.
Well, that "job" is going to keep you alive and off the streets and in your apartment. Like it or not, you're gonna have to get a job. It doesn't matter if you hate it. It doesn't matter if it's boring. You're gonna have to suck it up and deal with it. You won't be supported by someone else for the rest of your life. And to get that job and stay off the streets and have internet, you're gonna have to use all that shit your teacher taught you but you didn't listen because you're too busy complaining about how you're never gonna use it in your life.

So suck it up, be useful to society, and go to fucking school.
abraker
I honestly could have went without reading shakespear. Most of it phased through me anyway. In the times where information is becoming an important resource, I think there is a bigger need than ever to replace english language arts where you read books with classes that teach students how to search for information and cross check to make sure it is true. Also learn about the various ways narrative, phrasing, etc can be used to benefit one side so that they are aware of possible manipulation of info. A lot of people just either dont know how to research things or take the things they find for granted and that is very disappointing.
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

I honestly could have went without reading shakespear. Most of it phased through me anyway.
That explains a lot.

abraker wrote:

looses

abraker wrote:

replace english language arts where you read books
Those books are important. They are classic works of literature containing themes relevant to today's world, and the future's as well. And you're not just reading books because some superintendent in a suit who you never met tells you to. English classes have you read books and analyze their content. English classes teach you how to pull out themes and messages, how to compare two works and find their biases, and how to use context clues to find out unknown definitions and meanings. In writing, English classes teach you how to write persuasive texts, how to use references and citations from others' work to support your own, and how to make inferences—and, of course, how to write using proper spelling and grammar. These are all very important for effective communication in English, and many if not all of these topics would be included in your proposition. In reality, anyone under the age of fifty knows how to use Google, even if it's only to open facebook.com.

abraker wrote:

A lot of people just either dont know how to research things or take the things they find for granted and that is very disappointing.
See Mikey's First Law of Stupidity.

There will always be stupid people, and no amount of schooling can change that.
abraker
Books are important to have an open mind, yes. I see searching and identifying themes, biases, meanings, etc, are things that exercise the mind. Same as learning a different language. I do believe writing persuasive texts, using reference and citations, knowing how to grammar; spalling is useful, but I don't think it's being taught in an effective enough way. You are given a made up situation in which you need to persuade or a made up passage which you need to fix. It often creates a gap between theory and application. If students are to be interested and partake in effective learning, I think it is better to take whatever interest they have to their advantage. I always felt like learning on made up stuff is very ineffective and decreased my interest a lot.

How to Make a Genius Person out of an Idiot by Lakov Freewill
show more