forum

[Archived] Map Pack unpacking

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PatIsAWeeb

I somewhat fixed the problem

basically I just unpacked the .rar files in the downloades folder and from there on they are normal .osz files. Its still not the most convinient most of doing it and some files got corrupted and became unusable but eh

Problem details:

So I've been trying to download a lot of map packs recently and I can only open them with VLC Media player, meaning I can't unpack them. The downloads basically aren't the usual zipped folder containing the Beatmaps but instead .rar files (which I think is correct)but I can't unpack them and only listen to them over VLC. Simply trying to zip them does not work, unzipping them with Win.zip does not work, Reinstalling them does not work.dragging them into my Osu! does not work, opening them with the Osu!.exe does not work. I need to know how to get them back to being saved as a zipped folder

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

idk how to put a picture here, just imagine a downloaded Video Pack, Volume 1.rar sorry

osu! version: Stable 20181101.2 (latest)
Death
I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to accomplish here. You want to re-zip all of the files in the map pack for some reason? Or you are just having trouble unpacking them in general?

Just use something like WinRAR and extract all of the osz files directly into your osu!\Songs folder, then hit F5 on the song selection screen and they will all import at the same time.