forum

[Archived] I can watch some non top50 plays but not others?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Hysteria
Query: Why can watch some non top 50 replays but not others?

As the title says, for example on this mapset https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/785731/#osu/1649597 i can see a play by a user called elysion that is 15 million short of the 50th position on the leaderboard. I never downloaded his replay or anything and I can see some non top 50 plays on other maps but not on others, what decides which replays are available? Or is it a bug?

Screenshot:
https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/discord/494769637691490304-507807947364106250-unknown.png
Same map's rank 50:
https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/discord/494769637691490304-507808186703675392-unknown.png

osu! version: Stable 20181101.2 (latest)
Death
Replays in the top 1000 of a map's leaderboard are saved online, which means you can watch them.
voxpod
Death is correct. The Top 1000 replays are saved online. However, sometimes replays are selective as to which user gets the "star" on their score. It may possibly a bug or just delayed. Maybe it was already beaten that's why it doesn't show the replay.

You gotta look at it at a different perspective as the Top 1000 isn't necessarily perfect. :)
Death

voxpod wrote:

Death is correct. The Top 1000 replays are saved online. However, sometimes replays are selective as to which user gets the "star" on their score. It may possibly a bug or just delayed. Maybe it was already beaten that's why it doesn't show the replay.

You gotta look at it at a different perspective as the Top 1000 isn't necessarily perfect. :)
I have no idea what you are talking about here. The only reason a top 1000 replay would not be available is if it is really old. Over time, the amount of replays saved per map has been increased. So if the replay was not saved initially, even if it is still in the top 1000 today, there will be no replay data available.
voxpod
Exactly why I said the scores may have been "delayed" as new ones have not yet replaced/updated with the old scores.
"Maybe it was already beaten" - exactly that. Also, old scores come into play as well.
Death

voxpod wrote:

Exactly why I said the scores may have been "delayed" as new ones have not yet replaced/updated with the old scores.
"Maybe it was already beaten" - exactly that. Also, old scores come into play as well.
If a score was beaten with a new play, then that new play will have the replay available. The old score wouldn't even be showing up anymore, so I still have no idea what you are trying to say here. There's pretty much never a "delay".
voxpod

Death wrote:

voxpod wrote:

If a score was beaten with a new play, then that new play will have the replay available. The old score wouldn't even be showing up anymore, so I still have no idea what you are trying to say here. There's pretty much never a "delay".
Delay, meaning, it doesn't show up instantaneously. Some scores, even after beaten, still have replays on them (old, as you said, wouldn't even be showing up anymore) - I was referring to that. This may be server-side but usually, that's the case (from my own experience). :)
Death

voxpod wrote:

Some scores, even after beaten, still have replays on them (old, as you said, wouldn't even be showing up anymore) - I was referring to that. This may be server-side but usually, that's the case (from my own experience). :)
Your own replays are stored locally, so they will always have replay data available even if you beat them. Not sure how you could have experienced anything like that otherwise. Unless you sat continuously clicking on some other person's score right as they beat it.
voxpod

Death wrote:

voxpod wrote:

Some scores, even after beaten, still have replays on them (old, as you said, wouldn't even be showing up anymore) - I was referring to that. This may be server-side but usually, that's the case (from my own experience). :)
Your own replays are stored locally, so they will always have replay data available even if you beat them. Not sure how you could have experienced anything like that otherwise. Unless you sat continuously clicking on some other person's score right as they beat it.
Haha! I'm not that weird! I just happen to be there when it happened when my friend used to beat scores back when we played full-time and that's how I've experienced a delay in the global scores. Don't have to worry tho, as what you've said about old scores beaten is correct!
Death
There is a big difference between global rankings having a slight delay (which can happen, albeit quite rarely) and what determines whether or not you can watch a replay. If a score has yet to update on the leaderboards, of course the old replay will still be there too.