forum

[Archived] Drop frames after switching menus

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kevinwish_know
Problem Details:

Hi Guys :)

I am facing a problem with b20181024.2 (current stable version).

When I firstly open the game, the fps counter shows that my frame rate is about 200+ , 170+ when playing music, but as soon as I switch to play solo mode the frame rate will drop to 150 fps in the song selection menu. And then if I switch back to the main menu, the frame rate will drop to 90 fps.

I am playing on Intel HD Graphics 4600 with Intel Core i7-4800MQ @ 2.7GHZ with 24GB of RAM and 256GB SSD in Windows 10. I used task manager to see the GPU usage, there were no usage other than OSU when in the game.

My Intel GPU driver is the newest one.

osu! version: 20181024.2
voxpod
Hi Kevinwish_know,

Have you tried the following:

- Changing resolutions in-game
- Fullscreen mode (on/off)
- Letterboxing (on/off)

The usual case for fps drops (as of my own experience in the past) are in the "DETAIL SETTINGS" and "MAIN MENU" in the Settings in-game.

Try to play with any of those and let me know if the problem persists. :)
Topic Starter
Kevinwish_know

voxpod wrote:

Hi Kevinwish_know,

Have you tried the following:

- Changing resolutions in-game
- Fullscreen mode (on/off)
- Letterboxing (on/off)

The usual case for fps drops (as of my own experience in the past) are in the "DETAIL SETTINGS" and "MAIN MENU" in the Settings in-game.

Try to play with any of those and let me know if the problem persists. :)

I did a restart and the problem does not exist right now. However:

If I stress the iGPU before such as playing a graphical intensive game and open OSU! after that game, the problem will appear.

As far as I know, I tried Changing resolution in-game and Letterboxing, those problem still exists.
voxpod
Oh, really?

One of my friends play osu! on an Intel HD Graphics so I think it's because of the recent updates and your old graphics card.

You are using a laptop, are you not? This is usually the case with built-in graphics. I suggest to use the stable version only when your laptop isn't hot. The GPU must be overheating. Try to use a fan, AC, or at least a cold area to play.

Try any of those and let me know what happens. :)