forum

[Archived] Unable to download, won't open a browser tab

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lonoca
Hi, i got a new laptop a MSI Notebook GL73 8RC. This one won't open a tab with a beatmap download in it when i click the 'click here to download' in multiplayer. It's Windows 10 so this is new for me too.
Can anyone maybe help?

Update: my default browser is Chrome but when i change it to Edge it does work. I don't want Edge as my default browser though..

osu! version: Stable 20181024.2 (latest)
Flanster
You need to set a default browser for your system.
Topic Starter
lonoca

Flanster wrote:

You need to set a default browser for your system.

I have, I have Chrome as my default browser.
Death

lonoca wrote:

Update: my default browser is Chrome but when i change it to Edge it does work. I don't want Edge as my default browser though..
I'm assuming you changed your default browser from Chrome to Edge, if you change it back to Chrome again (assuming you haven't already) does it still not work?

Are you able to click on links and have them open Chrome from other applications/games?
Topic Starter
lonoca

Death wrote:

lonoca wrote:

I'm assuming you changed your default browser from Chrome to Edge, if you change it back to Chrome again (assuming you haven't already) does it still not work?

Are you able to click on links and have them open Chrome from other applications/games?

No, as long as Chrome is set as my default browser it's not opening any applications/game links
Dntm8kmeeatu
Out of curiosity, did you install osu! onto that computer, or did you transfer the osu! folder to it from a different PC?
Topic Starter
lonoca

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Out of curiosity, did you install osu! onto that computer, or did you transfer the osu! folder to it from a different PC?

I downloaded it and then transferred the folders from my old one via an USB-stick.