forum

[osu!std] Cindelluna's Map Roulette Tour 2018 | 25k - 50k [FINISHED | RESULTS & STATS NOW PUBLIC]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cindelluna

Hello everyone and welcome to a new tournament of mine with a very interesting and experimental format. As the name suggests this is a tournament based off of chance, meaning mappools are composed in a random manner with no balance to them. In addition to mappools the way matches are played will be up to chance as well. Interested? Then keep on reading!~

General:
Challonge | Discord | Forum Post (google doc) | Stream | Time Converter

Sheets:
Registration Forms: [Player] [Staff] | Player Registry & Schedule | Staff Registry
Read me before registering

Due to recent events in the tournament scene as well as a decent amount of suspicious accounts registering for CMRT. I will be conducting a very thorough background check on everyone registering and that has already been registered. This is especially due to the nature of the prize pool and the type of players it can and has attracted. I reserve every right to remove and or deny registration to any player who submits a form. This includes players who have already been entered onto the player list. There is no appealing or fighting any of my decisions since this is my own personal and privately funded tournament.

If you have turned in a registration form and your name does not appear on the player list after 2 days then one of the following has occurred:
-you submitted false information
-you answered a question wrong on the quiz portion
-another tournament host has provided me information about you that links you with unfavorable behavior
-your account breaks any of my set tournament rules
-your account is linked with any other behavior i deem suspicious

I have 0 tolerance for cheaters and those who ruin the fun and experience for others. Anyone i catch cheating during or after CMRT will face full consequences and I will do whatever I can to see to it that person receives all the punishment they deserve.

General:
  1. This will be an osu! standard international tournament played head to head (1v1) in score v1
  2. Due to being the very first installment this tournament is meant to be a test pilot
    So with that in mind:
    >This tournament will be single elimination
    >This tournament will only have one bracket which will be 25k - 50k (25,000 - 50,000)
    >The max number of players will be 16
  3. This tournament is scheduled to last only 3 weeks. With the round breakdown being:
    >Week 1 - RO16
    >Week 2 - Quarterfinals
    >Week 3 - Semifinals + Grand Finals
  4. Matches will only occur on weekends (Friday - Sunday)
  5. Win conditions::
    >Round of 16 + Quarterfinals: BO9
    >Semifinals + Grand Finals: BO11
  6. Matches will be scheduled off of player availability. This is done by taking player availability at the start of every week.
  7. All times will be in UTC, a time converter is provided above in the links for those who do not know how to translate well between timezones

Mappool Information:

1. There will be 12 featured mappers
  2. Each featured mapper will have 3 of their own maps preselected before the tournament starts
  3. Guest difficulties made by a featured mapper will be allowed for use, collab difficulties will not due to the fact they aren’t maps entirely made by the featured mapper
  4. Each week will have 3 tiebreakers preselected as well. 1 tiebreaker of the 3 being created by one of the featured mappers. The other two tiebreakers are "free game" to be selected by any other mapper so long as they fit the star range. This also means that the two "free game" tiebreakers can be collabs.
  5. The tiebreaker star ranges per round are as following:
    >RO16: 4.00* - 5.50*
    >Quarterfinals: 5.50* - 6.00*
    >Semifinals + Grand Finals: 6.00*+
  6. The total star range that will be used for this tournament is 4.00* - 7.00*
  7. At the start of every week a mappool drawing and showcase will be held. 4 of the featured mappers will be drawn randomly and their 3 maps will be revealed and make up the mappool for that week’s round. In addition the tiebreakers picked for that week will be released as well.
  8. Once a mapper has been drawn they can no longer be drawn again. This meaning once the last week comes around the remaining 4 mappers left will be the ones who make up the third and final mappool.
  9. All maps will be played nomod, the exception to this will be the tiebreaker as it can be played either nomod or freemod with the use of HD, HR and/or EZ

This is a tournament not only based off of chance but to showcase 12 unique mappers. The mappers featured being a mix of both well known and not so well known mappers. With this information in mind, expect no balance whatsoever with the maps that will be picked. In addition the mappools and tiebreakers are meant to range from difficult - extremely difficult for this rank range. This is not your standard tournament afterall.

Match Procedure:

1. Both players will !roll at the start of the match, winner of the roll gets first warm-up, second ban, and first match pick !roll. Loser will get the opposite.
  2. There will only be 1 warmup and 1 ban per player
  3. Once warmups and bans are finished the player who initially rolled higher will get the first match pick !roll. What this means is that players do not get to pick maps directly from the mappool. Instead the maps picked are completely left to chance/a roll.
  4. The maps selected for the week will be sorted in a numerical order (#1-#12), therefore players will be rolling !roll 12 for match picks
  5. Once a map has been picked it can no longer be picked again. Should a roll land on an already picked map a reroll by the player rolling will take place.
  6. Should a match get to tiebreaker then rolls will be done to ban 2 of of the 3 tiebreakers
  7. The tiebreakers will also be sorted in numerical order (#1-#3).
  8. The player who initially rolled highest will !roll 3, the outcome of their roll will be the first tiebreaker banned. The second player must then !roll 3 and the outcome of their roll will be the second tiebreaker banned. Should Player #2 roll the same number as Player #1 a reroll will take place until a different number is outputted. The remaining map of the three will then be played as the tiebreaker.

1. October 29th | Forum post is live with all information, staff registration opens
  2. November 5th @15UTC | Player registrations open
  3. November 24th @15UTC | Player registrations end
  4. November 25th | First mappool drawing + showcase
  5. November 30th - December 2nd | RO16
  6. December 2nd | Second mappool drawing + showcase
  7. December 7th-9th | Quarterfinals
  8. December 9th | Third mappool drawing + showcase
  9. December 14th-16th | Semifinals + Grand Finals

General Rules:

1. All players must be be within the ranks of #25,000 - #50,000 global in osu!std
  2. Rank range is strict. Therefore the rank you are once registrations end is the rank we will take. Players who rank or decay out of the bracket will be kicked and a reserve will take their place.
  3. To register you must have at least 100 hours minimum of playtime and an account that has been registered for at least 3 months
  4. Staff are eligible to play, however, only certain roles. The only staff roles eligible to play are: Commentators and Referees. All other roles are banned from participating
  5. Player accounts must be in good standing at time of registration and at the end of player registration. Players that conflict with this rule will not be allowed to register and or be kicked
  6. Accounts that have previously been restricted must be unrestricted for at least 1 year to be eligible to sign up. No exceptions
  7. Previous 1st place winners from CAT’18 are ineligible to play
  8. Reserves are accepted, however, it is not a guarantee that you will be admitted into the tournament
  9. Reserves fill in empty spots left by players who drop out of the tournament at the start during the registration phase. OR reserves also fill the empty spots that are left by players who rank or decay out of the tournament at the end of registrations.
  10. In order for a reserve to fill in an empty spot they MUST be in the rank range of the bracket of the empty spot as well as meet the other player requirements above.
  11. Joining the discord is mandatory for all players as it will be used to communicate to and between players and staff. No discord? Either make one or you will not be allowed to join.
  12. When joining the discord, please change your nickname to your in-game username, there will also be more instructions upon welcome to the discord
  13. In the event of a name change please notify staff via discord DMing
  14. Rescheduling rules will be posted and pinned in the channel labelled #reschedules
  15. Toxicity is not permitted. Cases will be judged individually by the staff, however in general, we will use a two-strike system (depending on the severity of the offense). Playful banter is perfectly acceptable, but outright flaming and harassment is not cool.
  16. The above rule applies to the discord as well, should any players harass or abuse other players or staff or regular members of the discord it will result in a strike.
  17. Staff members who sign up and agree to help but end up doing 0 work or communicating with me that they can no longer help will be banned from staffing or participating as a player for any of my future tournaments for at least 1 year

General Match Rules:

1. It is highly recommended to be online 10 minutes before your match for the purpose of setting up lobbies, players who do not show up after 10 minutes from the scheduled match time will result in the match being a loss for them
  2. Players who don’t show up to their assigned match without notifying the staff of a time conflict will be blacklisted from the next installment of this tournament as well as the upcoming seasonal tour installment (which in this case will be CWT’19)
  3. If you are scheduled for a streamed match, it is mandatory to be on 10 minutes before your match starts
  4. Disconnects are unfortunate, but they happen. Disconnects within the first quarter of a map will result in the map being replayed. Disconnects after the first quarter of a map will be considered a point loss for that player.
  5. Players disconnected for more than 5 minutes will have the match result in a forfeit for them.
  6. Should a player fail at the end of a map the player alive will win the point regardless of score
  7. Should both players fail a map then the player with the higher score will win the point
  8. During a match, the ref will always have the final say for anything that happens in a lobby.

Match Rules:

1. STRICTLY single elimination, head to head, score v1
  2. Matches will be based on player availability, but must occur on the dates set for that match as observed in the schedules linked above
  3. Streamed matches will be at specific times that will be announced to players each week
  4. A roll at the start of the match will take place, winner of the roll gets first warm-up, second ban, and first match pick !roll, loser gets the opposite
  5. There will only be 1 ban per player
  6. There will only be 1 warm-up per player
  7. Warm-up maps are to be 4:00 or less, they may be longer only at the pre-approval of the ref and the other player. Anything exceeding 6:00 is banned from being used at all as a warm-up
  8. Tiebreakers may be played nomod or they may include Hidden, Hard Rock, and/or Easy.
    All players are expected to know and abide by these rules, no exceptions will given to those who break them. We are not responsible if you “didn’t know” about any of these rules considering that they are posted before the tournament even starts.

This is a list of players banned for varying amounts of times from participating in any Cindelluna Tour due to varying reasons. Such reasons can be, but are not limited to: excessive toxicity, harassment, rule breaking, cheating, etc. Appeals can be handled by messaging the host (Cindelluna) via discord DM.
The “Last Chance List” is for players who have appealed and been accepted back. However, these players are on their very last strike and should they break any rules/step out of line are permanently banned.
The “Banned” list is for players who have officially been banned from competing in any future tournaments whatsoever.
The “Banned Staff List” is a list of people who had signed up to work as staff for any of my tournaments but ended up doing 0 work, ignored my pings, ignored my messages, and or didn’t message me that they could no longer help me. Communication is important when it comes to staffing and it is extremely disrespectful to ghost someone you promised to help, thus why this list was made. The people on this list are banned from participating or staffing in any of my future tournaments for at least 1 year.

Banned Staff List:
<will be updated once CAT’18 is over>

owo

| #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 |

1st
1 year of supporter

2nd
6 months of supporter

3rd
4 months of supporter

4th
1 month of supporter

5th
Headpats and a badly drawn mspaint badge

Due to this being the test pilot installment of this format we will not be seeking to get this tournament badged. However all top 5 finishers are guaranteed automatic admission to CWT’19 to whatever bracket they belong to at the time of registrations (players must meet other registration requirements though).

Host | Graphics | Streamer - Cindelluna

Head Spreadsheeter - Nonamegohst

Referees
Apricity, CharmCaster, Cindelluna, Civie, Foxy4000, IceDynamix, Itz Nico, JiruPiru, My Angel Erwin, Nonamegohst, this1neguy, Tilterino, Xassie, YoshiLover456

Commentators
Apricity, Cindelluna, Xassie, YoshiLover456

I’m in a very very very great need of staff, especially refs!! Want to help out? Then fill out a form above in the links section! Staff training is even available! All questions and inquires regarding staffing can be DM’d to Cindelluna#3333 on discord. All the help I can get is appreciated <3

changelog

November 3rd, 12:07 Pacific Time
-updated links
-updated mappool information section
-relabeled "Bracket Stage Rules" to "Match Rules" and edited spelling errors in said box
-fixed other small grammatical errors
November 5th, 07:00 Pacific Time
-opened player registrations
-updated staff list
November 7th, 21:17 Pacific Time
-included warning about player registration
-more grammar errors because i'm big dumb
November 18th, 13:26 Pacific Time
-updated "Featured Mappers" sections
-fixed a spelling error for one of the mappers as well (i'm sorry Ioltie ;w;;;;;)
November 24th, 07:00 Pacific Time
-closed registrations
Tilterino
H Y P E
Topic Starter
Cindelluna
Results & Public Statistics

Huge congratulations to our top 5 of CMRT'18!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Full Results | CMRT'18 Statistics (includes mappools)
Khinae
lets get this bread
ababa
5th
Headpats and a badly drawn mspaint badge

i really need those headpats :(
BaconPug
YEET
Dragbit 5

Cindelluna wrote:

The “Banned Staff List” is a list of people who had signed up to work as staff for any of my tournaments but ended up doing 0 work, ignored my pings, ignored my messages, and or didn’t message me that they could no longer help me. Communication is important when it comes to staffing and it is extremely disrespectful to ghost someone you promised to help, thus why this list was made. The people on this list are banned from participating or staffing in any of my future tournaments for at least 1 year.

umm im sorry for doing nothing as a staff...
could we still be friend now ? ;w;
PainTensei
Oh if I'm blacklisted no hype then rip
Stupid Idiot
Me banned when
You Watanabe
I like to sign up!
Dasoecwkoh
would like to join the tournament
Topic Starter
Cindelluna
Player Registrations are now officially open
iPhonePvP_
lets have fun, i wanna join lads.
Pengumi
Im interested to join
dima4e4a
i wanna join
silvermoonwolf
You have me intrigued ouo I'd like to join ^^
Xelias
Feelsbadman my rank D: Hope you all have fun
steve04
3 weeks seem to be really short tbh
you don't really intend to expand this to double elimination at all?
Topic Starter
Cindelluna

steve_04_ wrote:

3 weeks seem to be really short tbh
you don't really intend to expand this to double elimination at all?

Please read:
Due to being the very first installment this tournament is meant to be a test pilot
So with that in mind:
>This tournament will be single elimination

3-4 weeks is pretty standard for single elim tourneys, especially one that's capped so low like this one. In addition to that I also run a seasonal set of tournament installments with the winter installment being shortly after this. There's plans to make the future Map Roulette tours double elim in the future but that's pending depending on how this tour goes.
Topic Starter
Cindelluna
CMRT Registrations are now CLOSED
show more