forum

[Archived] !osu input lag when background programs/windows are open

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NepZephyr
Hello guys,

I was searching through the internet, but couldn't find anyone with the same problem as me or any possible solution. Whenever some background task is open my osu lags and I get input lag. It doesn't matter what program it is. Whether it be youtube, teamspeak, steam, etc. Anything has some kinda of "animation" like the youtube video, teamspeak/ discord avatars get blue when someone talks or steam icon gets orange when I receive a new message. The strange part is that when I have youtube etc. minimized the lag does not appear only when it's open "behind" the osu window. The cursor also gets really laggy and the cursortrail goes from a smooth line (same space between all circles in the circle trail) to weird spaced in between them, almost like jumping and missing pixels. I will try to include pictures. This was very annoying because I choked a lot of scores because of incoming steam messages. Although I am pretty chill it got a bit frustrating playing and I also coulnd't stream because the handcam window has to be open it can't be minimized. This has never happened before and I don't know what caused it or at what time exactly it appeared, but I believe it has something to do with the new Windows 1803 update not sure though. It started approximately a few weeks/months ago.

Sorry for my bad english I tried to put it as good as I can and hope you understand my problem.

Here is the image with only osu open:

https://imgur.com/a/ACQPMZX

And here with a youtube video running in "behind" the osu window.

https://imgur.com/a/ZPONyOf

I play fullscreen HD resolution no letterboxing, I tried switching it on though and all other options available, I also tried different versions of osu like cutting edgem, stable etc.

Thanks for reading!

Hopefully someone can help me,

The_Loli_Hunter
Maybe An Idea Of Your Pc Specs Might Help Shed Some Light On This,

But Try These
Within Osu! Settings

Compatibility Mode (Try On And Off)
Fullscreen Mode (On And Off)
Try Different Frame Limiters (240fps and Unlimited [Unlimited Best FPS])
Turn Off The Extra Details In Osu! Settings
Etc.

GPU Driver

Go To Your Nvidia/AMD Graphics and Find The Settings For Osu
Disabled V-Sync There And Try To Minimize Rendering And Etc.
The Idea Is To Get It To Show You The Raw Render ASAP
You Dont Need Things Such As AA And Stuff That Has To Go Through Processing

Giving Osu! Processing Priority (Worth A Shot)

Go To Your Task Manager And Try Giving Osu! A Higher Priority

Windows And Other Stuff

Game DVR
Nvidia Shadow Play
Discord Overlay
Etc,
Topic Starter
NepZephyr
My pc specs are:

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Hyperx Kingston
CPU: AMD ryzen 5 1600

I literally did all of the above you mentioned, higher priority I got it on high, DVR off, osu settings changed around, disabled vsync, prerendered frames minimized and changed around too, and all drivers updated to the newest versions

ForceDynamic
Did you find a solution? I have te same problem and idk what to do
THAT_otaku
Try everything listed above, if nothing helps the solution is probably to close the background applications lol.
However, make a new thread for your issue in the help forum for your issue if you cant fix it, rather then replyong to a 2yr old thread :)