forum

[Archived] Options not registering after an osu! reboot

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lesbea
Hello.

The last update (b20181024.2) changed some of my options, and it keeps reverting them when I quit osu! and come back. I think it only affects the main menu with the following :
Snow > enabled at boot, and unchecking doesn't even disable the pumpkins falling.
Parallax > works fine.
Menu tips > works fine.
Interface voices > enabled at boot, but unchecking seems to work correctly because I stop hearing "see you next time" when I disable and quit.
osu! music theme > enabled at boot, changing afterwards is useless since I believe it's only there to set the first song to "Dictate - Ghouls".
Seasonal backgrounds > works fine.

I'm sure you are eager to show your Halloween themed interface, but users disable options for a reason. And you didn't even change the exit voice message.
Doge Owner
The settings are saved in "osu!.<username>.cfg", try moving "osu!<username>.cfg" out of your osu! folder, set your settings and try again. Maybe the file got corrupted.
Topic Starter
Lesbea
It doesn't work and there is a yellow shade that shows the option has changed even though I didn't touch it myself.
Death
Those few options are enabled intentionally for Halloween. Just a few more days and it will stop.