forum

[Archived] Tablet H430p with a PW100 pen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Yuno Gasai-
Problem details: Ok so basically a family member of mine bought me a pen since my last one was kinda broken. But the issue was that I specified which modal and blablabla wrong modal in the end... I don't use Huion drivers I use Hawku drivers and the pen IS working. . . Tho since it's a different pen my aim is surely affected but this is nuts there's maps where I do like 30 sliderbreaks and my area isn't too big or too small I can reach most of the objects without bursting on my tablet but its like weird.

Is there actual problems of using a pen modal uncompatible with a specific tablet? (I'm talking about performances)

Video or screenshot showing the problem: can't

osu! version: Stable 20181024.2 (latest)

The pen modal I'm supposed to have with h430p is pw201
Death
Sounds like you just need to get used to using a different pen. Either that or get the correct pen instead. I'm not really sure what sort of answer you are expecting.
Topic Starter
-Yuno Gasai-

Death wrote:

Sounds like you just need to get used to using a different pen. Either that or get the correct pen instead. I'm not really sure what sort of answer you are expecting.

Well on the Huion website they specify "brand" of tablets that are compatible with a specific pen.

The thing is that I thought it wouldn't work at all but that's not the case this pen does work but it doesn't seems right or I'm just not used to it.

So I'm wondering if any of you guys had experienced similar issues or know people that used a tablet with a different pen than the default one for it.

My tablet is 4090 pressure or something and this pen is like 2 times that. I don't know if it had an effect on anything at all I'm just confused :|
Death
It's possible it doesn't really work well (or as well as it should) because it isn't technically listed as compatible I guess? I'm not sure if anyone around here is going to know specific differences between the two pens in order to confirm or deny that theory. I certainly don't.

I know you said your area was fine, but if you are missing a lot maybe you want to try changing it just to see if you notice any sort of improvement at all.
Topic Starter
-Yuno Gasai-

Death wrote:

It's possible it doesn't really work well (or as well as it should) because it isn't technically listed as compatible I guess? I'm not sure if anyone around here is going to know specific differences between the two pens in order to confirm or deny that theory. I certainly don't.

I know you said your area was fine, but if you are missing a lot maybe you want to try changing it just to see if you notice any sort of improvement at all.

Ok thanks well I mean it does make sense that me playing for a couple months with one type of pen and ended up trying a slightly longer and different design one would change a lot of things. But adding the fact that it isn't supposed to be used on this tablet because the pen pressure level is higher than the tablet can handle (4090p vs 8000p+) still this is just a side-effect for artist which is not a concern for me.

I don't really have any problems for anything lower than 3* so I guess it's trainning that I need to get used to this pen.

Sorry again for making uuh lacking common sense thread. I was just kinda upset at first because I normally get used to things really fast like a couple of games and I know mostly how to use it it's just no automatic in my head.

I think my issue is that I have been playing with my damaged pen for a while since I couldn't stop playing anyway before I got a 100% working pen and I
got used to not finishing sliders or something.