forum

Easiest diff on a set not restricted anymore?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AW_Flister
I noticed that recently some maps with hard (yellow) normals and even maps with Insane as the easiest diff start appearing. What gives? Did the ranking criteria change? If it did, i don't remember any announcement or such.

Also iirc, the easiest diff on a non-marathon set needs to be under 2*, last time i checked.
Rivals_7
SR is no longer the basis of RC. Its now more bounded to written rules on each difficulty specific.
if your "H-icon-normal" fits the general rules written in the difficulty specific RC of Normal diff, then its fine

However, this is not applicable to Osu!mania as it is doesnt have their specific RC just yet. Normal should be below 2* as always

if you're wondering about "insane as lowest diff" thing, read below:
If the drain time of the highest difficulty is...

...lower than 3:30, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Normal. Because osu!mania does not have a difficulty-specific Ranking Criteria yet, an osu!mania beatmapset's Normal difficulty is defined as a difficulty below 2.00 stars. For hybrid beatmapsets that include osu! difficulties, the additional modes’ lowest difficulties cannot be harder than a Hard.
...between 3:30 and 4:15, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Hard.
...between 4:15 and 5:00, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than an Insane.
...anything higher, the beatmapset is exempt from reasonable spread rules.

if you find an insane as their lowest diffs, they are likely in around 4:15 - 5:00 of drain time.
its all in RC. have a time to re-read those because these changes is just as recent as 3 months ago
Aiseca
I would like to as well enlighten myself here regards to the question above..

So SR isn't a basis for being a 'Norrmal' a "Normal"? and it will only depend on how a certain diff was structured as described by its respective difficulty target?

ex. a 2* iconed Easy is considered Easy as long as it composes Easy elements? And is this also applicable to other diffs as well?
lewski
yes
Aiseca

lewdski wrote:

yes

Good to know then! Thanks.
Topic Starter
AW_Flister
Thanks for the explanation! not much of a mapper myself, so i don't really pay attention
show more