forum

[Archived] All beatmaps marked as "corrupt"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ronster1703
I recently downloaded osu! on a new device (a new laptop for playing when away from home), and all the starting beatmaps have come back as corrupted - including the tutorial (well, only the tutorial's .osz file appears in failed, everything else seems to have disappeared). Anyone else had this, and anyone know how to fix?
Thanks
Ronster

EDIT: Every time I try to *open the game, it attempts to download all the pre-packaged beatmaps, but arrives at the same failure to do so.

EDIT 2: Even using the "repair osu!" tool found in the game folder doesn't help. Hmmm
Doge Owner
Try moving "osu!.db" out of your osu! folder and lunch it, this will reprocess your beatmaps.
Topic Starter
ronster1703
That did... seemingly nothing. The problem still arises. I'll try re-running the osu!install application.
EDIT: Okay, I give up. Even deleting every file in the game's main folder (and the removed database, and the shortcut), and then re-running the game, it still doesn't work. At least I have a working means of playing the game, though.
modrei_DELETED
does the same problem happen when you manually download a map and drag it into osu?
Topic Starter
ronster1703
Yes, I tried downloading the mania blastix riots beatmap set, and the exact same thing happens. Weird...
Dntm8kmeeatu
Sounds like something is really fucked with that install of Windows or something you have going on in it.

Try using the "repair folder permissions" option in the options menu. If nothing happens or it freezes, errors, or does nothing, try again while running osu! as admin.
show more