forum

Save screenshot to clipboard

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
tanakahakase
It'llbe nice if we can do this. I don't need to have explorer open at background and drag/drop to discord. I can just paste into Discord.
Lyawi
Hmm

shortcut could be shift+c+f12, in case it gets added
Shawntell

Lyawi wrote:

Hmm

yep
Matt2e2
Or you could just press PrntScrn...
Cubicle

Matt2e2 wrote:

Not as useful if you play on windowed or have two monitors.
Jimi012

Cubicle wrote:

Matt2e2 wrote:

Not as useful if you play on windowed or have two monitors.

Yup, if you have 2 or more monitors it's gonna capture all of them.

Lyawi wrote:

Hmm

Isn't that kind of strange shortcut? Maybe it would just work like when you press f12 it will both copy the screenshot to clipboard and save it to your disk. Or shift + f12, if that's not already binded for something :).
Dntm8kmeeatu

ShadronSoul wrote:

Isn't that kind of strange shortcut? Maybe it would just work like when you press f12 it will both copy the screenshot to clipboard and save it to your disk. Or shift + f12, if that's not already binded for something :).

Shift+f12 is already bound. It's the automatic screenshot uploader. Something that I believe is useful enough. Another one for clipboard is just why. We offer quick upload and hosting straight from the game client. Just use that.
TomDotBat
+1 it would be a lot faster to share screenshots if we stored images in the clipboard after screenshotting
Shizai
Use sharex and screenshot current window.
frisbii
Win+Shift+S essentially opens snipping tool immediately, letting you drag over a selection on the screen and saves it to your clipboard. Easiest way to quickly take snaps of small parts of the screen imo.
Death
I can see why this would be useful, but is it really that much of a hassle to copy the image/url on the page that is automatically opened in your browser after taking a screenshot?

Shizai wrote:

Use sharex and screenshot current window.
Sharex has issues taking pictures of fullscreen games unfortunately.

frisbii wrote:

Win+Shift+S essentially opens snipping tool immediately, letting you drag over a selection on the screen and saves it to your clipboard. Easiest way to quickly take snaps of small parts of the screen imo.
Again, this doesn't work at all if you play fullscreen.
show more