forum

Persistent Search Terms

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Xerxius
I have become slightly annoyed that to play non-converted osu!mania maps i have to type "mode=m" in the search bar everytime I want to play. I thought about a "toggle show autoconverts" button in the options, but that might be kind of hard to implement.
So I thought about the idea to have a persistent line of search terms that are hidden from the regular search. Like startup flags for executable files.
That way it's possible to search for certain song names without trying to make sure that "mode=m" and other arguments stay in the search bar.

Mockup:

because let's say someone only ever wants to play ranked Taiko maps at more than 120 bpm

It might need a fancier name, but that's what I came up with currently.

TL;DR: Filter for certain types of maps without having to clutter up the actual search bar with a whole bunch of flags.
abraker
I agree

I also bet when and if this becomes a thing, there will be a thread in help asking why no autoconverted maps are showing up. Keeping at thing tucked away in options and not coming back to it after quite a while can make one forget they have set it a long while ago.
-Flashlight-
Totally agree.
Topic Starter
Xerxius

abraker wrote:

I agree

I also bet when and if this becomes a thing, there will be a thread in help asking why no autoconverted maps are showing up. Keeping at thing tucked away in options and not coming back to it after quite a while can make one forget they have set it a long while ago.

Totally. Yesterday I wondered why no low star difficulty maps showed up, aaand I had used "Display beatmaps" slider to hide them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
show more