forum

[Archived] Change In Beatmap Folder Without Touching It

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
StrxfeY
Was in the middle of a beatmap, doing good, and then osu crashes and the last thing seen was that the folder was modified without me even touching it. Is there a fix..?

Update: This happens with new and old beatmaps, and just played another beatmaps, and it crashed almost instantly once loaded into the song.
Death
If an "osu! crashed" window appears, please click on it and post the log that is revealed. Otherwise, please follow this guide to check your event viewer for any relevant crash logs.
Topic Starter
StrxfeY
No window pops up, Win + R selects a random icon on my desktop :/
Doge Owner
You should hold the windows key and press the letter R, you can also try searching "Run".
Flanster

Doge Owner wrote:

You should hold the windows key and press the letter R, you can also try searching "Run".

Or they can search "Event Viewer" instead LOL.
Topic Starter
StrxfeY

Death wrote:

If an "osu! crashed" window appears, please click on it and post the log that is revealed. Otherwise, please follow this guide to check your event viewer for any relevant crash logs.

Can't reply to the post but doesn't matter, here's the pasted error thing that I was told to paste in the linked post.

+ System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Hang

- EventID 1002

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 101

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2018-08-28T22:21:30.000000000Z

EventRecordID 1362059

Channel Application

Computer Cube-PC

Security

- EventData

osu!.exe
01d43f1d3f7c7f53
C:\Users\Strafwee\AppData\Local\osu!\osu!.exe
b1748593-ab10-11e8-8554-4ccc6a05b55c

55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Binary data:

In Words

0000: 006E0055 006E006B 0077006F 0000006E
0010: 0000

In Bytes

0000: 55 00 6E 00 6B 00 6E 00 U.n.k.n.
0008: 6F 00 77 00 6E 00 00 00 o.w.n...
0010: 00 00 ..
Flanster
Event log says the source of the crash is unknown... bummer. Does it regularly happen? Have you tested this with no other applications running in the background. Disabled overlays from Steam/Discord?

In the meantime we're looking for a more simplified and effective way to providing external crash logs. Can you please get AppCrashView and open it (Heres a scan for the file that ensures its safe). Find the first item on the list that has osu!.exe, right click on the item and save it to a text file. Copy the contents of the text file here. Thanks in advance.
Topic Starter
StrxfeY
Discord running or not running still happens, same with Steam. This only started yesterday around 1 am, I noticed changes were getting made to the folder (According to osu!) and then it would close, I'd re-open it get half way through a song and the same thing would happen.

Edit: Also noticing that my scores aren't being submitted even when I do make it through a map :/
Topic Starter
StrxfeY

Flanster wrote:

Event log says the source of the crash is unknown... bummer. Does it regularly happen? Have you tested this with no other applications running in the background. Disabled overlays from Steam/Discord?

In the meantime we're looking for a more simplified and effective way to providing external crash logs. Can you please get AppCrashView and open it (Heres a scan for the file that ensures its safe). Find the first item on the list that has osu!.exe, right click on the item and save it to a text file. Copy the contents of the text file here. Thanks in advance.

Read Post above please :)
Death
You don't need to bump your post after 1 day.

You didn't even do what Flanster asked you to do, I can only assume that is why they didn't respond. I suggest you try reading their post again, he was asking for more information so we could try to help you. Without any significant amount of information, people can only throw out random guesses and hope they help.
Topic Starter
StrxfeY

Death wrote:

You don't need to bump your post after 1 day.

You didn't even do what Flanster asked you to do, I can only assume that is why they didn't respond. I suggest you try reading their post again, he was asking for more information so we could try to help you. Without any significant amount of information, people can only throw out random guesses and hope they help.

I did everything but The AppCrashView because I don't know what to do with it. So I left it open for when it crashed, it crashed and nothing happened.
Flanster
I specifically said what needs to be done.

Flanster wrote:

Find the first item on the list that has osu!.exe, right click on the item and save it to a text file. Copy the contents of the text file here. Thanks in advance.

The program collects past events, it doesn't detect one's in realtime.
Topic Starter
StrxfeY

Flanster wrote:

I specifically said what needs to be done.

Flanster wrote:

Find the first item on the list that has osu!.exe, right click on the item and save it to a text file. Copy the contents of the text file here. Thanks in advance.

The program collects past events, it doesn't detect one's in realtime.

Alright done, searched for osu! nothing came up, thought it froze, so I gave it a minute or so, nothing happened, so I closed the search window and scrolled to find it manually, and nothing appeared.

I've tried re-installing, and it fixed the issue for a few maps, so it lasted more than one map.
At this point, it's essentially un-playable, since now it's gone to one map or half way through a map.
show more