forum

[Archived] Best Performance Field not updating?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
odynous
Hello, I'd like to ask why are my recent plays not getting on my best performance? (on my profile page)
I've finished insane maps with B (and Everything will freeze on insane with 79%) and there are normal maps that are still on top of my best performance.
Death
Can you provide more specific examples? I see a score on "Everything will freeze" in your best performances from 16 hours ago. I also see a score on "MAYDAY" from around the same time in your best performances. Those look like the last two scores you've submitted, so it should be updating just fine.
Topic Starter
odynous

Death wrote:

Can you provide more specific examples? I see a score on "Everything will freeze" in your best performances from 16 hours ago. I also see a score on "MAYDAY" from around the same time in your best performances. Those look like the last two scores you've submitted, so it should be updating just fine.

It seems I dont really understand how pp is calculated. I have somehow gotted a better score on a 5 star map and updated. An SS on a 1 star is more pp than Evertything Will Freeze (4*) somehow
Krepre
I wouldn't blame you for not knowing this cuz Osu! has a really complicated way of calculating pp

Here's my answer

The Combo System :

Basically the more your combo is the higher your pp is.
That is the reason why SS and FC (Full combo) are a big deal

Q :
Then what's the point of the scores?

A :
Those are just for the leader boards that you see on the left hand side of the screen if you selected a map

That's a really oversimplified explanation you can find guides in forums and Youtube
Death

odynous wrote:

It seems I dont really understand how pp is calculated. I have somehow gotted a better score on a 5 star map and updated. An SS on a 1 star is more pp than Evertything Will Freeze (4*) somehow
If you were using any scores from around the time you posted this as reference, there were some issues with score submission and score processing at the the time (they are now resolved), so you probably shouldn't use that as a reference

In general, SSing a 1* map probably shouldn't give you more pp than passing a 4* map, however, it is possible for that to happen. Combo, as xxXTheGamerXxx mentioned is quite important but in this situation, misses are arguably more important. Your pp decreases by 3% for each miss, which is a lot. If you are just barely able to pass a 4* map, and you get a ton of misses in the process, you are not going to get that much pp.
show more