forum

[Archived] Terrible performance only while playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Andreww
This happens in all modes. After restarts and changing between stable, beta and cutting edge, nothing has helped this. It happened after updating my gpu drivers. (AMD r9 380). The game runs amazingly smooth everywhere in all navigation, no lag at all, but as soon as i press play the games frame rate or refresh rate drops below acceptable levels and the game becomes pretty much unplayable. Pls help.
Doge Owner
Try disabling VSync (vertical refresh) in your AMD Control Center.
Topic Starter
Andreww

Doge Owner wrote:

Try disabling VSync (vertical refresh) in your AMD Control Center.

So I changed wait for vsync from "Off, unless process specifies" to "Always off". No changes.

Changing to windowed doesn't help either, same problem of running fine until play.

Reduce dropped frames option and Compatibility mode doesn't help either.

It feels like playing osu! through a low bitrate filter because it's all consistent bad performance with jagged edges and low framerate.

I feel that i should also add that since the AMD update, tabbing into fullscreen osu no longer needs me to wait on a black screen for 3-4 seconds, it now goes straight into the window and runs hella smooth off the bat (Not for gameplay tho)

edit: After restarting, it seems to be an fps problem. Can't run the game on unlimited fps and have to limit it. Since my refresh rate is 75hz, i tried many multiplications of that but it would happen all the same. The only rate it works on is the 120fps and 240fps that the game defaults.
show more