forum

[resolved] Osu not starting (sort of)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
qwirrr
So I was playing and I wanted to change something in the settings menu and I accidentally clicked on "Run in compatibility mode" and without any warning, the game exits out by itself and restarts.
now the problem is that now whenever I start the game up its just complete aids.
So you know how when you start the game up there is this fade into black and then the game is starting with the "welcome to osu" sound? yeah well that fade effect is in 1 fps and after the game "starts" it just gets stuck on the welcome screen and I can't move any further
if anyone has any fix that does not involve me reinstalling the game please do tell me because yes a normal person would move all the maps and skins into a different folder and simply reinstall, however, I'm no normal person and I have 300gb worth of maps so moving that around is a big no-no
Death
Hold shift while starting the game until you see a recovery window. From there you should be able to disable compatibility mode.

Alternatively, inside your osu! folder edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg" in any text editor and set the line CompatibilityContext equal to 0. Save and close the file then try to start your game again.
Topic Starter
qwirrr

Death wrote:

Hold shift while starting the game until you see a recovery window. From there you should be able to disable compatibility mode.

Alternatively, inside your osu! folder edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg" in any text editor and set the line CompatibilityContext equal to 0. Save and close the file then try to start your game again.

I never knew I will say this but thanks a lot, Death!
show more