forum

[Archived] Failed Beatmap installation

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Krymsin
I am having issues installing some beatmaps, when I try to install I get the message that "The file is corrupted and it is put in the failed folder."
I have reset the permissions twice, I have also changed the the osz file to a Zip and extracted it and placed it in the song folder, but I still cannot get it to work.

Any other advice would be helpful.

Thank you.
Death
Can you provide a download link to the map having issues.
Topic Starter
Krymsin
This is one but I have several others that do the same thing.
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/492850#osu/1052216
Death
But this only happens for some maps (like the one you linked) and not all of them?

When you extracted the map and put it in your song folder manually, am I correct in assuming you didn't get an error message when you tried to do that, but the map just didn't show up?
Topic Starter
Krymsin
yes that is correct.
Death
Did you hit F5 on the song selection screen after you moved the map into the songs folder? If you had the game open when you moved it into the folder, it won't appear unless you do that.

Try holding down shift while starting the game until a recovery window pops up and hitting the "repair osu!" button.

Also, where do you have the game installed?
Topic Starter
Krymsin
I have the game installed on my secondary hard drive.

I did have the game open when I moved it into the folder, so I tried it like you said and moved the beatmap without the game on, and it worked.

Thank you Death for your help.
You're Awesome!
show more